Finally, Remington UMC 120 gr. OTFB at my local Cabelas

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

300Blk
Site Admin

Re: Finally, Remington UMC 120 gr. OTFB at my local Cabelas

Post by 300Blk »

My Walmart does not even carry ammo or guns.
bluebird

Post by bluebird »

Hardrockshot wrote:Bluebird,
I am from the great State of Kalifornia. I have purchased ammo locally and I intend to check today for additional 300 BLK locally. I can't help wondering if you are in a more liberal area like the bay area where they don't want you to have a firearm.........
I'm in Yolo County. Are you in SoCal? My local Walmarts have everything but .22 and 300BLK.
Hardrockshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hardrockshot »

Bluebird,
No I am south of Fresno 40 minutes. I just returned from Wally World and I picked up 12 boxes of UMC 120 Gr OTFB for $16.44 each. The Clerk told me the ammo was going to be in stock, as it's an automatic reorder in their system.
I am half way to the goal of 800 so I can return to FrontSight and shoot the 300 BLK while there.
De inimical non loquaris male, sed cogites
bluebird

Post by bluebird »

Hardrockshot wrote:Bluebird,
No I am south of Fresno 40 minutes. I just returned from Wally World and I picked up 12 boxes of UMC 120 Gr OTFB for $16.44 each. The Clerk told me the ammo was going to be in stock, as it's an automatic reorder in their system.
I am half way to the goal of 800 so I can return to FrontSight and shoot the 300 BLK while there.
Before or after tax? Maybe I need to call different Wallys to see if they stock it...could not find them online at the Wally mobile website.
Hardrockshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hardrockshot »

Blue,
That is before TAXES. Still $212.08 out the door. .88 cents for this round is real good.
De inimical non loquaris male, sed cogites
mag410

Post by mag410 »

I was in my local WalMart (Tupelo,MS) and noticed they had UMC 300 Blackout ammo, was surprised to see it in Barnes cases, but I see it is old news here. I didn't buy any as my 123gr VMAX reloads shoot sub MOA and I don't mind reloading.

Michael
ztug
Silent But Deadly

Post by ztug »

Fort Pierce, FL

I took it to the range today and was happy with it. Almost as good as the Hornady 110gr.
U.S. Merchant Marine
Master / Pilot AGT, VSO
NRA RSO
Spikes / Radical 8.5" 300BLK
Colt AR15-A4
M1
basinman

Post by basinman »

I bought the last 2 boxes at one of our Academy stores. They were $14.99 each. Haven't had a chance to shoot any yet but will this coming weekend.
poopypants

Post by poopypants »

Know this is an old thread... But finally saw this ammo(first of any 300blk at all) in my local Wal-Mart... Still haven't even made my 300blk build.. But I snagged a box just the same ...

Also seeing 300blk show up in cheaper than dirt magazines as of last month and tons of site hits with rounds not just under a dollar now, but under .50¢ a round!

Part of my building this caliber rifle was also making sure I can reload for the caliber... But this new realization may speed my build faster, then slowly work on collecting reloading supplies...
Netpackrat
Silent But Deadly

Post by Netpackrat »

I've been pretty happy with the UMC 120 ammo so far... It prints 1.25" 5 shot groups at 100 out of my 10" SBR. I bought a bunch of it while Cabela's had it marked down to $14.99/box, but now it is back up to $17.99 (Alaska prices :evil: ).