Finally, Remington UMC 120 gr. OTFB at my local Cabelas

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Texas solo

Re: Finally, Remington UMC 120 gr. OTFB at my local Cabelas

Post by Texas solo »

WYSIWYG wrote:
Texas solo wrote:Academy Sports just got some in. It sells for $14.99 a box....minus my employee discount = $11.99.
I'm glad to see it come in for folks who can't reload as it's fairly cheap.
I can't believe Academy won't ship ammo to anyplace in CA. I tried to order some before they were gone and they wouldn't ship to me even though it's perfectly legal to do so. There are very few locals that don't allow mail order ammunition in this state and most online retailers can easily identify those zip codes.
That's to motivate folks to move to a free state :)
I can only play 9 holes...I have a fund raiser to attend.
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

Texas solo wrote:
WYSIWYG wrote:
Texas solo wrote:Academy Sports just got some in. It sells for $14.99 a box....minus my employee discount = $11.99.
I'm glad to see it come in for folks who can't reload as it's fairly cheap.
I can't believe Academy won't ship ammo to anyplace in CA. I tried to order some before they were gone and they wouldn't ship to me even though it's perfectly legal to do so. There are very few locals that don't allow mail order ammunition in this state and most online retailers can easily identify those zip codes.
That's to motivate folks to move to a free state :)
There are many of us who prefer to stand and fight for our rights and for our fellow citizens rather than surrender and run away. And we're making progress in the courts.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Yes. There are people who won't join the NRA because they felt that the NRA was not pro-gun enough or not pro AR enough. Well, so become a member and change the demographics of the membership. And vote for pro-AR directors. And in fact, that has been happening.
bluebird

Post by bluebird »

I keep seeing posts saying Walmart has 300BLK in stock but that never happens for my local CA Walmarts...I'm sure one day the supply will catch up with the demand but I wonder how long that would take for the price to go down to <$0.50-0.60 a round with constant availability...trying to convince CA folks that the 300BLK is a practical supersonic round has been proven difficult especially when you cannot even find them on the shelves.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I can see that from the point of view of evidence that something is really popular, but otherwise, ordering online saves driving, sales tax, and is cheaper. In my washer and dryer I just saved $600 by not getting it at Home Depot or Lowes.

I am slowly realizing that I am not normal, but I don't understand why anyone would buy anything locally with this whole internet invention thing. Like when I needed a bunch of Safariland stuff, I searched online and ordered it all while everyone else in my class went to the local police supply store and paid about 40% more and had a much more limited selection. Again, I was the minority by an overwhelming margin as literally I was the only person who shopped online out of over 60 people.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

300Blk wrote:Like when I needed a bunch of Safariland stuff, I searched online and ordered it all while everyone else in my class went to the local police supply store and paid about 40% more and had a much more limited selection.
They wanted instant gratification. Do not get that with online shopping. I do buy powder locally to skip the hazmat fee but that is about it.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

For powder I just get at as many lbs as it takes such that the Hazmat fee per lb results in a per-lb cost that is ok.

Also, driving is about 50-70 cents per mile for even a small car, including tires, insurance, etc depending on how long you keep it.
bluebird

Post by bluebird »

300Blk wrote:I can see that from the point of view of evidence that something is really popular, but otherwise, ordering online saves driving, sales tax, and is cheaper. In my washer and dryer I just saved $600 by not getting it at Home Depot or Lowes.

I am slowly realizing that I am not normal, but I don't understand why anyone would buy anything locally with this whole internet invention thing. Like when I needed a bunch of Safariland stuff, I searched online and ordered it all while everyone else in my class went to the local police supply store and paid about 40% more and had a much more limited selection. Again, I was the minority by an overwhelming margin as literally I was the only person who shopped online out of over 60 people.
I'm one of those folks who buy most of my stuff online but I just don't see how ~$15/box + tax is more expensive than $18/box+shipping - considering there are 2 Walmarts in my area within 10-15 minutes drive and I can do a grocery run at the same time. I also have to admit that I'm one of those who gets mad when a 1000 pack of ammo is $20 more than normal...

To be honest, imho local availability is the key to make 300BLK more popular because one can buy a couple boxes every time they go to a store (which can be weekly) without having to buy in bulk. The fact that no one ever mentions finding 300BLK ammo in CA Walmart just makes me feel like we're left out from the rest of the country...
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

That is up to Walmart what stores buy what.
Hardrockshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hardrockshot »

Bluebird,
I am from the great State of Kalifornia. I have purchased ammo locally and I intend to check today for additional 300 BLK locally. I can't help wondering if you are in a more liberal area like the bay area where they don't want you to have a firearm.........
De inimical non loquaris male, sed cogites