Barnes 110 gr factory ammo poor accuracy

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

darr3239
Silent But Deadly

Re: Barnes 110 gr factory ammo poor accuracy

Post by darr3239 »

Something else besides the barrel and ammo seems to be going on. I have the 8.2", and although I haven't tried the Barnes loaded ammo, I've done some limited work with the 100 gr. Tac-TX bullet. Without extensive testing I've got it down to just over an inch at 100 yards.
"We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
bdill
Silent Operator

Post by bdill »

I shot an 8 round group measuring 2.1 inches at 75 yards with the same ammo as the op. The best 5 round group I got was 1.5 inches. By far the most inaccurate ammunition I've shot other than some cheap milsurp ammo through a 5.56. I tried hog hammer and could stack rounds in 3 shot groups but I would have a flyer on the 4th or 5th round. It was through a new build and I'm hoping its just the ammo that was giving me problems. Rebel suggested that I shoot the 125 remington match ammo for groups until I reload. Maybe try that?
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

I have only had decent accuracy with the factory Barnes loaded blacktips from both the AR and the Encore, 1" or less groups.
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!