Having a hard time finding plinking ammo

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

DarkHelmet

Having a hard time finding plinking ammo

Post by DarkHelmet »

Anyone have a place? I have enough good stuff, but I need some cheap stuff.
dh2
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Having a hard time finding plinking ammo

Post by dh2 »

hand load, to get started may cost you a bit but the equipment will last you a life time , you will still have the same money to spend but you can shoot more for the reduced ammo cost.
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

The only option for cheap plinking ammo is to reload, but if you have to get into reloading at the ground level it sorta takes the cost savings out of the equation.
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
DJatUGA

Post by DJatUGA »

patrol gunbot.net daily.

Your only cheap (and that's relative these days) option at this point is to reload. If you don't want to get into that you will have to buy commercial reloads by someone like Freedom Munitions, etc... However, this isn't as cheap as you'd think and the jig isn't gonna last forever, they get more expensive with each run. The last one was around $.71/rd or maybe .76 IIRC for Freedom.

Best of luck, everyone seems to be waiting for the rem. 115gr to come back around. I'm curious to see how its priced when it does. I think the 11.99/box days are long done. Midway has already changed their pricing to $15.xx and that's without having any. Brownells is holding steady at 11.99/box but also hasn't had any and therefore had no reason to update the price yet either.

happy hunting!
Eljay

Post by Eljay »

Last batch of Freedom Munitions in mid-July was about 71, more like 73.5 with shipping. It's decent ammo. No issues. That's about 5 cents/round more than they charge for 308.

I'm planning on reloading various calibers once you can actually buy a bunch of powder and primers in one order to keep the hazmat in order. Right now I'm just saving brass and doing my reading. Hopefully Freedom will do another run before too long because it's going to take me a while to get up and running and I'll probably start with other calibers first.
Brads Guns

Post by Brads Guns »

I sell 300 blackout ammo in 2 different styles. All of it is made by Washougal River Cartridge Co in Washington State. I have it in 147gr. FMJ's and 110gr. V-max. Both styles are $220 for 250 rounds. Let me know if you want some I have quite a bit right now. Here's a pic of
the 147's
Brad 253-350-2944
Brads Guns

Post by Brads Guns »

The FPS on the 147's is 1900. FPS on the 110gr. V-max is 2300.
Gramaton550

Post by Gramaton550 »

Good to know.
Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance.
trook

Post by trook »

I suppose that pic is of the 147 gr? Can you post a pic of the 110 vmax?
Outsydlooknin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Outsydlooknin »

DV8arms.com has Cooper 147's for $.90 a round I think it is. They also have some 130 GUNN in stock.