Atlanta Arms Pink Tip and Nosler BT

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

LT700

Atlanta Arms Pink Tip and Nosler BT

Post by LT700 »

Has anyone had any problems with these? Had a box of each and shot a few the other day. Most had really flat primers and two had blown primers with the case almost splitting. Way hot! I've shot some before I started reloading and they shot really well. Guess I got two bad boxes.
300Blk
Site Admin

Re: Atlanta Arms Pink Tip and Nosler BT

Post by 300Blk »

You had a box of each and both of them were high pressure?
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

LT700 wrote:Has anyone had any problems with these? Had a box of each and shot a few the other day. Most had really flat primers and two had blown primers with the case almost splitting. Way hot! I've shot some before I started reloading and they shot really well. Guess I got two bad boxes.

Shot quite a few of the Pink Tips...no issues in my gun...maybe you should have your chamber checked?
LT700

Post by LT700 »

I've shot the pink tips and BT through my gun before and had no problems so I don't think it is my chamber. These were the last boxes that I had. Shot 10 of each and had problems with about half of them. Just wondering if this has happened with anybody else. Not complaining, Atlanta Arms makes some good ammo and my son has killed alot of deer with the pink tips.
kdcgrohl

Post by kdcgrohl »

LT700 wrote:I've shot the pink tips and BT through my gun before and had no problems so I don't think it is my chamber. These were the last boxes that I had. Shot 10 of each and had problems with about half of them. Just wondering if this has happened with anybody else. Not complaining, Atlanta Arms makes some good ammo and my son has killed alot of deer with the pink tips.

Read:viewtopic.php?f=128&t=79322
AA replaced my pinkies with Noslers, and told me the rest should be safe to shoot. Since a lot of other members had the same lot number with no trouble, I have shot a couple more boxes of the pinks with no issues.
I don't think I'd load up my "oh-shit" mags with that lot# of pink tip though.
LT700

Post by LT700 »

Thanks kdcgrohl. I just talked to my dad and I have a correction on the ammo. He wanted to shoot my gun and I thought he had switched to the BT after I had trouble with the pink tips but he kept shooting the pink tips. So it was only the pink tips that were hot. Thanks again
20X11
Silent But Deadly

Post by 20X11 »

hmmm....I have 7 boxes of these...I think I'll pull them all out and measure OAL on each round. Given the limited case capacity, I want to verify seating depth. Probably run them through my Factory Crimp die while I have them out.