Possible 220 sub group buy IS **CLOSED**

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

JohnInNH
Elite Member

Re: Possible 220 sub group buy IS A GO!!!

Post by JohnInNH »

swammo wrote:
JohnInNH wrote:Temp is MUCH more important than altitude in the speed of sound.

A 16" barrel with a silencer to stay subsonic at 30 deg f may be excessively slow in a 8“ in the summer.

Play with the numbers. Will the market be mostly SBR or 16" barrels?.. will it be summer or winter ammo?, and finally end use. Is it to eradicate a street light or need max ft/lb energy for hogzilla?

I have winter and summer ammo for subs being the difference in fps is that much different. And by winter I mean warm...like 20 deg f. I am not talking sub zero.

Then Gas vs bolt. Mine are fairly far apart. A 220 using A1680 may not be as much different as my loads, but worth looking into.

Lots to think about when targeting the fps for a batch of ammo.

I have have excellent results with the A-Max myself, but would think a 220 at a few fps less would gain a better margin of safety in staying subsonic while maintaining the punch the few extra gr and length the 220 has over the A-max.
We are located in Mesa Arizona. Our testing is done in 40F to 115F. We also make the couple hour drive North to test at different elevations. 220 SMK's are more reliable cycling and reliability is number one. The numbers are played with before we introduce products into the market. It is only common sense and the only way one knows if products will work for the masses. We are looking into other powders with less temp sensitivity.
Excellent. I put this up so people may understand this is not as easy as just looking up a load and GTG.

It is also why reloading will remove the compromise in making a one load to work in all platforms at all temps.

If it has to be sub in a 16" barrel bolt with a silencer at 20 deg a short SBR in the summer will have lost a lot of potential. The work you are doing will limit how much that is.

I'm sure people will appreciate this effort you are doing to make it work for them.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
StorminNormin
Silent Operator

Post by StorminNormin »

I placed an order.
BLKinator

Post by BLKinator »

Order placed for 600. Glad I saw this in time. Looks like list is filling up fast. Bought some 110 Blacktip from SW Ammo a few weeks back and am very pleased with their customer service and quality of product. Zach is a great guy. Buy with confidence.....
swammo
Senior Silent Operator

Post by swammo »

10000 sold. We will allow the sale of 5000 more and then we will close this.

Thanks for the orders so far.

SW
swammo
Senior Silent Operator

Post by swammo »

JohnInNH wrote:
swammo wrote:
JohnInNH wrote:Temp is MUCH more important than altitude in the speed of sound.

A 16" barrel with a silencer to stay subsonic at 30 deg f may be excessively slow in a 8“ in the summer.

Play with the numbers. Will the market be mostly SBR or 16" barrels?.. will it be summer or winter ammo?, and finally end use. Is it to eradicate a street light or need max ft/lb energy for hogzilla?

I have winter and summer ammo for subs being the difference in fps is that much different. And by winter I mean warm...like 20 deg f. I am not talking sub zero.

Then Gas vs bolt. Mine are fairly far apart. A 220 using A1680 may not be as much different as my loads, but worth looking into.

Lots to think about when targeting the fps for a batch of ammo.

I have have excellent results with the A-Max myself, but would think a 220 at a few fps less would gain a better margin of safety in staying subsonic while maintaining the punch the few extra gr and length the 220 has over the A-max.
We are located in Mesa Arizona. Our testing is done in 40F to 115F. We also make the couple hour drive North to test at different elevations. 220 SMK's are more reliable cycling and reliability is number one. The numbers are played with before we introduce products into the market. It is only common sense and the only way one knows if products will work for the masses. We are looking into other powders with less temp sensitivity.
Excellent. I put this up so people may understand this is not as easy as just looking up a load and GTG.

It is also why reloading will remove the compromise in making a one load to work in all platforms at all temps.

If it has to be sub in a 16" barrel bolt with a silencer at 20 deg a short SBR in the summer will have lost a lot of potential. The work you are doing will limit how much that is.

I'm sure people will appreciate this effort you are doing to make it work for them.
Thanks John.
swammo
Senior Silent Operator

Post by swammo »

free shipping on orders over $100

code: freeship

Happy 4th of July

SW
btb601

Post by btb601 »

Got my order in, thanks
300newb

Post by 300newb »

I'm in too
swammo
Senior Silent Operator

Post by swammo »

Thanks for making this a success, we are almost full, and will be closing it early. We project closing the buy on Friday, July 6th.

We have a new buy starting today for 300 BLK 147 FMJ group buy available here:
http://www.southwestammunition.com/category_s/128.htm

500 rounds, bulk packed, $228.50 shipped

300 BLK 147 FMJ Group Buy
Our Price: $228.50

New Group Buy Open Until 7/16/2012

300 Remington AAC Blackout Ammunition Loaded with 147 grain FMJ
Bulk packed
$0.425 per round: $212.50 for 500 rounds
$16 flat rate UPS ground shipping is included with your purchase
Total: $228.50shipped

IMPORTANT
Billing will take place when the order is placed. This group buy is an opportunity for us to buy components in very large quantities and pass the savings to our customers. In order to do this we must collect payment so we can pay the vendors up front for the components.

Timeline:
7/05-7/16: Orders will be taken, and we will order the supplies and components from our vendors.
7/16-7/31Shipment of components to our manufacturing facility.
7/31-8/10:Manufacture of the of the brass, ammunition, as well as range and proof testing.
7/13-8/20: Shipping of loaded ammo to customers, in the same order they were received
swammo
Senior Silent Operator

Post by swammo »

only a few orders left on the 220 sub group buy.

Thanks to all who participated.

147fmj group buy is up and ready to start taking orders.