Discusion on replacement for the Hornady discontinued 208 Grain A-Max

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

FogFirearms
Senior Silent Operator

Discusion on replacement for the Hornady discontinued 208 Grain A-Max

Post by FogFirearms »

Hey guys,

We've been dwindling down our stock of 300 AAC Blackout 208 Grain A-Max (Most likely to the credit to the members of 300blktalk!) and I thought now is the right time to see what you guys are all thinking about the discontinuation of the beloved bullet and it's replacement.

Any of you had a chance to try out the new 208 Grain 30 cal. ELD Match bullets with Heat Shield? Thoughts? Concerns? Praise?
Fog Admin
www.fogammo.com
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Re: Discusion on replacement for the Hornady discontinued 208 Grain A-Max

Post by SwampDog_13 »

I've been shooting the 208gn ELD matches for a little while now and they have been great with my loads. That has been the bullet I have done most of my 200yd sub-sonic challenge shooting with.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

http://www.hornady.com/store/30-Cal-.30 ... THP-Match/

I've used a bunch of Hornady's BTHP Match bullets and found they were just as accurate if not more than the A-Max's. Also their still in production.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

according to what hornady told me (via email) the ELD-M is just a 208 amax with the new tip. otherwise the bullet is identical as the amax. which is why they published ELD-X data and not ELD-M data.

i'm hopeing by the time i run out of amax's the shine will wear of that penny and the prices will 'normalize' back to amax prices :)
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.