125 gr. Fiocchi sst.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BOB567

125 gr. Fiocchi sst.

Post by BOB567 »

Got out and sighted in my pistol today. Running a Daniel Defense 10" upper. Started at 25 yrds. 5 shot 1 hole group. Moved it to 50, 10 shot group you could cover with a quarter. Plus the brass is reloadable. Sgammo had some in stock the other day. I ordered 15 boxes.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: 125 gr. Fiocchi sst.

Post by plant.one »

the 125 sst is a fantastic bullet in the blackout world.

i cant recall anyone off the top of my head who's had much trouble getting it to shoot reasonably well in this caliber. Im glad you found a load your gun seems to like.

in general, my experience with the SST, the eld-m (amax) and the vmax bullets in multiple calibers are all pretty damn stellar. those 3 product lines are why the majority of the boxes on my reloading shelf are red.

we've got 4 different barrels in the family that the 165 sst run amazing in. My brother just finally let me do a load workup for his 30-06 700 BDL and the *WORST* group at 100 yds with that bullet could have been covered with a quarter. and we didnt even tinker with OAL games or anything. that gun's 20 years old.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
SyN

Post by SyN »

This is my go too cartridge when eradicating wild pigs!
It has no issues with producing humane kills with pigs well over 200 lbs - if the correct shot placement is applied.
My Go To for HD --> -Gorilla- 115gr Controlled Chaos "Pig Punisher"
My Go To for Wild Pig (Eradication) --> -Fiocchi- 125gr SST
"Modified S&W MP15 w/16" Barrel"
BOB567

Post by BOB567 »

BOB567 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:06 pm Got out and sighted in my pistol today. Running a Daniel Defense 10" upper. Started at 25 yrds. 5 shot 1 hole group. Moved it to 50, 10 shot group you could cover with a quarter. Plus the brass is reloadable. Sgammo had some in stock the other day. I ordered 15 boxes.
Rreread this today and thought, i sound like an arrogant a$$. Rest assured, these groups were shot from a Caldwell lead sled not free standing, off hand. I do believe this is still some of the beat super sonic ammo I can buy.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

The SST has produced more kills over the years than any other bullet in this caliber. Probably due to availability, ease of producing accurate ammo and price. The 110 Barnes has it's fans but the 125 SST has always been there, no lime light, nothing sexy, it just plain kills. Firedavis, a member no longer active, killed so many Texas hogs with this bullet it would take a warehouse to hold them all.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.