9mm subs

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

jlwilliams
Silent Operator

9mm subs

Post by jlwilliams »

This might be better on silencertalk, but it seems like most of the serious users are here now so I'm throwing this out here for discussion.

I'm seriously thinking of jumping on a 9mm AR pistol locally. I have some 147 grain ammo and bullets, and I'm wanting to get into some 158 grain ammo to get the best suppression. It's been years since I bought 9mm bulk ammo or components. At that time I wasn't aware of anything other than ball 158, and that was rare. I see there is more available now, particularly bullets. Are there any recommended good 158 loaded rounds available? Do any of the bullets actually open on meat? While this will be mainly a fun gun, (like pretty much all my guns) I'd like to have ammo that would work well if I needed to use it on something more menacing than cardboard.

Has the available 158gr 9mm ammo improved much in the last 5 or 10 years? Or is 147 still basically the go to for suppressed 9?
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Re: 9mm subs

Post by John A. »

I've actually been loading a metric truck load of xtreme bullets 165 gr pills over 2.8 gr of titegroup.

They sound better than 158's.

Depending on which gun I'm shooting them through, I get anywhere from 840-980 fps. I'm talking about 4 inch barrels up to 16 inch barrels.

They sound especially good in my Integrally suppressed form 1 9mm AR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnonAoGVpEE
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
jlwilliams
Silent Operator

Re: 9mm subs

Post by jlwilliams »

One sixty five? My, what a large pill you have!