Powder coating cast bullets

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Swampdrake42

Powder coating cast bullets

Post by Swampdrake42 »

I'm seeing a lot of powder coated bullets lately on forms and other sites. So I decided to give it a try and see how it works. Only item I have not bought is the mold. Does anyone have a mold that is around 200gr they can reccomend. Also any tips on the powder coating would help. I want to go subsonic, with the cast bullets, but I dont have a can on my rifle. More or less a low cost plinking round. Iv cast many 40 S&W, 9mm, 7.62 rounds, but i dont know what weight mold for the 300. My rifle has z pistol length has system, 1:8 twist. Do yall like the powder coated bullets over lube ones.
Success can only occur if you complete an objective. If not complete, there is only failure.
Boolit_Head
Silent But Deadly

Re: Powder coating cast bullets

Post by Boolit_Head »

Noe 247 or better yet the HP version of it at around 220 grains is good. I'm working with the HP version right now. I'm powder coating them and trying Hitek as well. Running both through my can from a 7.5 inch barrel.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: Powder coating cast bullets

Post by gds »

We have a dedicated section to casting, with many threads on powder coating.

viewforum.php?f=185
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in