Hornady 190 Grain Sub

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Hornady 190 Grain Sub

Post by bearcatrp »

Anyone else get lucky to order some from midway before they ran out? I ordered 10 boxes. Can't wait to try them.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Re: Hornady 190 Grain Sub

Post by steven11b »

bearcatrp wrote:Anyone else get lucky to order some from midway before they ran out? I ordered 10 boxes. Can't wait to try them.
Were they om sale?
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Post by ozleux »

Yeah, I got 2 boxes. After my Winchester Sub-X experience, i was hesitant to buy more than that.
Malinois, it's French for "Don't get one"
DeaneM1A
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DeaneM1A »

Yes! My two boxes from Midway arrived Saturday. The boxes have clear cellophane so you can see the blunt bullet tips. I tried loading them into several brands of magazines and pushing out the rounds with my thumb. They seem to hang up in my 20 round Magpul gen 2. Otherwise, my other Magpuls (10 & 30 rounds) Lancers (5 & 20) Armalite (5) and D&H (30) feed fine.

It has been pouring rain all weekend. So I will not get to shoot them for a few days. If you have shot them, please post your results!
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

I have some 300BO P-mags to try them in besides the 223 p-mags. Hope to be at the range by end of week. Will let you know how they shoot. Only a 25 yard range but checking functionality only. When it warms up, will head to the out door range to see how they do on paper. Highest grain I have shot is 180 grain to adjust my adjustable gas block to cycle correctly.
45r
Silent But Deadly

Post by 45r »

What COL do they have them seated to.
DeaneM1A
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DeaneM1A »

Average COL is 2.07”. They are obviously short in the magazines.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

If any of you folks have the capability to shoot these in a milk jug or something similar to see how well they expand, would appreciate some pics or info. Going to check with the range I go to if they will let me bring some water milk jugs to test these.
ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Post by ozleux »

I've planning to run some into gel this weekend, providing 1. They get here in time 2. It's not pouring down rain, again :x
Malinois, it's French for "Don't get one"
jessmcquaid

Post by jessmcquaid »

Hornady is also selling this as LE ammo under the TAP label. I just picked up two boxes at a local store. It was a little more than the Midway commercial version price but to try I thought why not. The 16" ballistics appear to be identical to the commercial stuff but they also show data for shorter barrel applications which is nice. Here is a link to the TAP version:

http://www.hornadyle.com/products/rifle ... -sub-x-tap

I hope they offer the projectiles as an option in the future also.