How much space is needed for reloading?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: How much space is needed for reloading?

Post by smustian »

Excellent idea TBM. If his wife refuses to give him more space then all he has to do is start clamping boards to HER counter top. BINGO ... extra space granted !!! :mrgreen:
TexasEric
Silent But Deadly

Post by TexasEric »

smustian wrote:Excellent idea TBM. If his wife refuses to give him more space then all he has to do is start clamping boards to HER counter top. BINGO ... extra space granted !!! :mrgreen:
Where is my like button? I am sure this will get me any space I want, if things come down to it. :mrgreen:
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

TexasEric wrote:
smustian wrote:Excellent idea TBM. If his wife refuses to give him more space then all he has to do is start clamping boards to HER counter top. BINGO ... extra space granted !!! :mrgreen:
Where is my like button? I am sure this will get me any space I want, if things come down to it. :mrgreen:
What that will get you is multiple servings of hot tongue and cold shoulder. :shock:

Then you'll have all the space you need, down the road. :lol:

The actual space needed for reloading is quite small. The amount you will want once you get started is approximately twice whatever you have.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

I don't think it's a good idea to wake the sleeping bear. It didn't work out well for Japan.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
InMyHumbleOpinion
Silent But Deadly

Post by InMyHumbleOpinion »

tallburnedmidget wrote:
TexasEric wrote:My wife and I got a house a few months ago. I have a good amount of space in a room for myself.
I have started calling it the gun cave.
Also the garage has a pre-existing work bench

How much space does one need to set-up for reloading? Calibers will be 308 and 300 blk
This thread is all about a compact setup for reloading.
I used a 2X8 to build my setup like the one in the post here viewtopic.php?f=141&t=79003&start=20
Looked at and liked the thread you posted. I wish I had done this with my single stage lee when I started as it would be easy to throw a chunk of plywood in the back of the pu to clamp to at the range for instant load development as it takes me an hour round trip. Think I'll do it now. Sometimes you have to go back to go forward.
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

Sometimes you have to look back just to see if you went forward. :lol:
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

dellet wrote:
TexasEric wrote:
What that will get you is multiple servings of hot tongue and cold shoulder. :shock:

Then you'll have all the space you need, down the road. :lol:

The actual space needed for reloading is quite small. The amount you will want once you get started is approximately twice whatever you have.
truer words have rarely been spoken on this forum :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

It doesn't happen often, but I had a good idea. I scored a Harrells Precision press and powder dropper and set out to rig up something so I could work up a load at the range.
Reloading room in a box
My bench -MTM box holds a set of dies and two C clamps
And it set up - works for me anyway.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

InMyHumbleOpinion wrote:
tallburnedmidget wrote:
TexasEric wrote:My wife and I got a house a few months ago. I have a good amount of space in a room for myself.
I have started calling it the gun cave.
Also the garage has a pre-existing work bench

How much space does one need to set-up for reloading? Calibers will be 308 and 300 blk
This thread is all about a compact setup for reloading.
I used a 2X8 to build my setup like the one in the post here viewtopic.php?f=141&t=79003&start=20
Looked at and liked the thread you posted. I wish I had done this with my single stage lee when I started as it would be easy to throw a chunk of plywood in the back of the pu to clamp to at the range for instant load development as it takes me an hour round trip. Think I'll do it now. Sometimes you have to go back to go forward.
That thread is what got me into reloading. My lack of space was the hurdle I didn't think I could overcome and then I saw that streamline and portable setup and I was sold! Been loading my own for 6-7 years now :)
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

rlandry6 wrote:
I don't think it's a good idea to wake the sleeping bear. It didn't work out well for Japan.
Like that old joke where the man proclaims HE wears the pants in their family. Wife throws a pair of panties at him. He proclaims he cannot get into these. She says and "No and you are not until your attitude changes".

My first was an outstanding lover but couldn't boil water. My current of 27+ years is a good lover, and mother but an outstanding, gifted cook. My how my priorities have changed.