Remington 120 grain OTFB

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: Remington 120 grain OTFB

Post by plant.one »

fixit wrote:i've take two deer with that very round, first was double lunged, ran a 70 yard death run, had a good exit wound and blood trail. the second didn't exit, came just short of going full length of the deer, diagonally, ran less than 25 yards, laid down and died. 120 yard shot, and i'm happy with this round from remington!
you can kill a deer with good shot placement with nearly any bullet. that doesnt mean this bullet is ideal or optimal for the task.

did you happen to recover that 2nd bullet? i'd love to see pics.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
fixit

Post by fixit »

I never found the bullet, or anything resembling an exit wound, so I just figured it hadn’t exited.
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

plant.one wrote:
fixit wrote:i've take two deer with that very round, first was double lunged, ran a 70 yard death run, had a good exit wound and blood trail. the second didn't exit, came just short of going full length of the deer, diagonally, ran less than 25 yards, laid down and died. 120 yard shot, and i'm happy with this round from remington!
you can kill a deer with good shot placement with nearly any bullet. that doesnt mean this bullet is ideal or optimal for the task.

+1 on bullet picts from recovery.........idk about the expansion of a hpfb even at 100 yds its probably questionable depending on the bullet make up.

Im wondering if these are made by Remington now bc last time i bought some they were in Remington head stamped brass.........if anyone knows more it would be nice to know.
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !
WARLOCK651

Post by WARLOCK651 »

ThreeHundredBlackout wrote:
plant.one wrote:

+1 on bullet picts from recovery.........idk about the expansion of a hpfb even at 100 yds its probably questionable depending on the bullet make up.

Im wondering if these are made by Remington now bc last time i bought some they were in Remington head stamped brass.........if anyone knows more it would be nice to know.
I was doing some research on this specific Barnes head stamped ammo and found an article that said it was ammo manufactured by Barnes for police but they had such a overstock they sent much of the reserves back so it was repackaged by Remington and put out for sale to the public,... I was originally looking for the rated FPS and BC of this specific round and found that while searching,.. the rated FPS is 2,202 according to what I found out online regarding it. I still have yet to find the specs on the actual projectile and was assuming its made by Barnes but they don't show a 120 grain open tip flat base in their public selections,..
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

WARLOCK651 wrote:
ThreeHundredBlackout wrote:
plant.one wrote:

I was doing some research on this specific Barnes head stamped ammo and found an article that said it was ammo manufactured by Barnes for police but they had such a overstock they sent much of the reserves back so it was repackaged by Remington and put out for sale to the public,... I was originally looking for the rated FPS and BC of this specific round and found that while searching,.. the rated FPS is 2,202 according to what I found out online regarding it. I still have yet to find the specs on the actual projectile and was assuming its made by Barnes but they don't show a 120 grain open tip flat base in their public selections,..
My chrono results at 66*F @4400' elev. From an 8" barrel the average velocity was 1953 fps.

Es was about 75ish and the sd was 25.

Just thought id throw that out there if it helps anyone.
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !