Steel Case in the works?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

pdx_blackout

Steel Case in the works?

Post by pdx_blackout »

Last post I saw asking about steel case was back in 2015. Any updates given that it’s now almost the end of 2017? Is it in the works?
Boolit_Head
Silent But Deadly

Re: Steel Case in the works?

Post by Boolit_Head »

Why would you want a steel case?
pdx_blackout

Post by pdx_blackout »

I’d rather not get into an argument about steel case ammo. Just curious if it is in the works.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

honestly. don't hold your breath. Been hearing it since almost the introduction of the 300blk. Still waiting.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
pdx_blackout

Post by pdx_blackout »

gds wrote:honestly. don't hold your breath. Been hearing it since almost the introduction of the 300blk. Still waiting.
Fair enough. I feel like a cartridge hasn’t quite “made it” until it’s offered in cheap steel case ammo. Somehow the Grendel has it!?
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Not arguing at all pdx, but steel case ammo doesn't mean a cartridge has "made it". Perhaps 300 BLK shooters don't tend to be the type that dumps 500 rounds an outing - who knows? There are thousands of cartridges that have been with us a long time that have never been steel cased.
We have it on good authority 300 BLK has been utilized by our military. It has been adopted by the Swedes. I don't ever think it will be a military mainstay, but a specialty round for specific missions. I think it crossed the line of "made" a while back. But that's just me.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

I would not buy due to the reloading factor.
Last edited by hardcase on Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

hardcase wrote:I would not buy due to the reloading factor. The
Some steel case can easily be reloaded. As long as it is boxer primed. I reload .223 and .45 acp wolf case, with no issue. One can even reload berden primed if one can find the primers and takes the time and gets the tools to remove the berden primers.

I have even tried 300blk conversion of steel case. but the neck ends up way to thick, and it is not worth the trouble for me to turn down the necks.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

2 or 3 years ago there was a lot of talk about steel cases coming to market then nothing. Honestly though if you reload why would it even matter.
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

People don't want steel case 300blk ammo. They want "CHEAP" Russian made 300blk ammo. I suspect that steel case USA/imported ammo will take over in the decades to come. I just bought some 9mm Winchester forged USA made steel case copper jacket ammo at Wally World. Darn stuff was only $23bucks per 150 rounds. $6.52 per 50 rounds.

R