300 Blackout Loads

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Maddogwalker

300 Blackout Loads

Post by Maddogwalker »

Hey guys and gals,

I was curious if any of you have ever messed with loading any of the Nosler "ballistic tips" or "accubonds"? If so what were the results?
Guges Mk3

Re: 300 Blackout Loads

Post by Guges Mk3 »

Which weight range?
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

125 gr Ballistic Tips

Results: excellent accuracy and several hogs, deer, and coyotes killed.
Maddogwalker

Post by Maddogwalker »

Guges Mk3 wrote:Which weight range?

Sorry I didn't specify. I have some 150gr sitting on the shelf.
Guges Mk3

Post by Guges Mk3 »

Loaded many plinkers in that bullet weight range.

Many commercial is is loaded in this weight range too.

You shouldn't have any issues hand loading them.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Maddogwalker wrote:
Guges Mk3 wrote:Which weight range?

Sorry I didn't specify. I have some 150gr sitting on the shelf.
And you still aren't being specific. There are more kinds of 30 cal 150's than you can shake a stick at. Check out the handloading section
and you'll find some loads in there. Don't swap load info for bullets because they are the same weight. Different lengths and shapes can over pressure you fast in certain situations. If you can't find your specific bullet in handloading, ask there and more than likely we can come up with a recommendation.
edit - if you are talking about NBTs or Accubonds I'm sure someone has played with those at some point. The reason they aren't being used often for hunting is because the velocity required for the bullet to perform limits your range somewhat. For punching paper, I would imagine they would work fine.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
STINKEY
Silent Operator

Post by STINKEY »

I tried a lot of different weights and the 110 Nostler Varmageddons and the Barnes pattern the best. Due to cost, the nostlers can be found in bulk and my favorite colour is:::::::: ON SALE
Touchie feelie in the bull at 100 yds and MOA at 200. Only have a 200 yard calibrated range available. If you haven't yet....... consider reloading if you are going to shoot a lot. The 223 is different 'cause I can't reload them as cheaply as I can buy them.

John
If they say it can't be done.... I have or at least thought about it....... 8)
ruger761

Post by ruger761 »

On my first build I've tried a few different loads

125 Nosler Bt, 125 Hornady SST, 135 hornady FTX, 125 sierras, and 150 hornady interlocks. That upper/bbl preferred the 150 interlocks at 100yrds. For some reason I can't get the lighter loads to feed without damaging the tips. I've got another upper/bbl to try out but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Hopefully get out to test it soon with all of my load combinations.

Haven't tried the Barnes as they are higher than I really want to spend but look to be an excellent bullet for the blackout.

What are you looking for on the load? Hunting or target? If hunting what are you hunting? I wouldn't recommend loading accubonds as they really like higher velocities and thicker skinned animals to get optimal expansion. The nosler BTs expand pretty decent out of the blackout. They are also my go to bullet for my 300wsm, 180gr on it though.