Daytona Tactical?????

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

KenH

Daytona Tactical?????

Post by KenH »

Hello all - this is my first time post here. I've just recently got interested in a 300 Black Out and wish to build one using an 80% lower. I've got milling machine, lathe, etc and some gunsmithing experience, but no on the AR15 platform. Looking around Daytona Tactical seems to have about the best prices around, but most of the reviews (most not to good) are from a couple years ago. Does anyone have recent experience with them?

I called the phone number but they seem not to be accepting phone calls, and said to send email instead.

I'm VERY open to any other vendors that supply 300 BO stuff, but would LOVE to build something in the <$600 range..... "IF" possible. {g}

Thanks to all for any info or suggestions.

Ken H>
pd_3307
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Daytona Tactical?????

Post by pd_3307 »

I dont know anything about daytona tactical but palmetto state armory has some good priced ar15 rifle and pistol kits that will keep you around your price range. You will just need a lower receiver. Everything else is in the kit well except magazines. :P there are quite a few other manufacturers with kits as well but i believe most on this forum have been mostly pleased with PSA. If not they will correct me. Lol
KenH

Post by KenH »

Thanks for the info, but PSA doesn't seem to have any 300 BO stuff listed.... did I miss it? They do have 5.56 in a very good price range. I didn't see any 80% lowers either - I sorta wish to use one of those for the fun of machining {g}

Ken H>
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

KenH wrote:Thanks for the info, but PSA doesn't seem to have any 300 BO stuff listed.... did I miss it? They do have 5.56 in a very good price range. I didn't see any 80% lowers either - I sorta wish to use one of those for the fun of machining {g}

Ken H>
Check under AR15/barreled uppers.....there's a few....

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-300- ... andle.html
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

Welcome to the forum KenH. I've been getting stuff from right to bear lately. Good prices and good service.
ARHuman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ARHuman »

Daytona 80% lower with jig kit made a great Christmas present for my son. They use a tough grade of aluminum. He did a great job using my drill press and drill bits, end mill bits. They shipped on time. Better than Rock River Arms who is over a month behind on their own parts. Daytona Tactical is a solid buy. They also have lower priced blems in the 80% lowers.
KenH

Post by KenH »

Thanks to all for comments, I sure would like to place the order with DaytonaTactical, they've got the parts I want at the price I'm able to deal with. One thing I do like, they have the complete rifle kit with all that's required is the lower - or so I understand. That is what I need - I do not know anything about the AR15 platform - it's totally new to me. Been reading over the last couple of days and have learned a LOTS, but still MUCH more to learn. I got all excited about the 300 BO and ordered 50 brass for it to get started - now I do NEED the parts to build the rifle {g}

Yes, now I see PSA does have the 300BO in uppers only, but I "need" the full rifle kit to be sure I'm getting all parts required. Also, it seems buying the upper assembly, lower assembly, lower receiver, stock, CAG, etc makes the total cost increases a good bit. For this first rifle I'm not looking for a "high end" rifle, but something to learn with. I would like something a bit more than just to make a "BANG", but it doesn't have to be "top end" at all.

I'm very new here, so I'm reading LOTS and looking for guidance,

Ken H>
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

KenH wrote:Thanks to all for comments, I sure would like to place the order with DaytonaTactical, they've got the parts I want at the price I'm able to deal with. One thing I do like, they have the complete rifle kit with all that's required is the lower - or so I understand. That is what I need - I do not know anything about the AR15 platform - it's totally new to me. Been reading over the last couple of days and have learned a LOTS, but still MUCH more to learn. I got all excited about the 300 BO and ordered 50 brass for it to get started - now I do NEED the parts to build the rifle {g}

Yes, now I see PSA does have the 300BO in uppers only, but I "need" the full rifle kit to be sure I'm getting all parts required. Also, it seems buying the upper assembly, lower assembly, lower receiver, stock, CAG, etc makes the total cost increases a good bit. For this first rifle I'm not looking for a "high end" rifle, but something to learn with. I would like something a bit more than just to make a "BANG", but it doesn't have to be "top end" at all.

I'm very new here, so I'm reading LOTS and looking for guidance,

Ken H>
Well, the lower assembly and lower receiver are one and the same. If you bought an upper with a BCG and charging handle, all you would need is a finished lower or a stripped lower and a lower parts kit, and a stock. I bought a PSA 9mm upper, bought an Anderson lower for $55 and put on a nice stock and handguard and was just over $500. If you went the stripped route, I have some parts I would be willing to donate, like some takedown pins, springs and ejector buttons and stuff. If your interested, let me know.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

Right to bear
Tactical machining
Blitzkreig Tactical
Ares Armor
KenH

Post by KenH »

Are you saying that the only parts I will need are

1. Complete upper assembly with BCG & charging handle
2. lower receiver - stripped, either completely machine (FFL) or 80% (no FFL)
3. Lower receiver parts kit (I see Anderson has a kit, but no fire control group (that is trigger assembly?)
4. Stock.

Does those 4 groups contain everything required?

Does the upper receiver have the rail to mount scope rings built into receiver?

I'm looking over the Anderson site - looks like they've got some good stuff. How good is their "No lube" RF85?

I have looked at the "Right to Bear" and they have mostly parts, and I need a LOTS more knowledge to put together a system from them.

Tactical machining sure does have some nice looking 80% lowers

Thanks to ya'll - I'm getting LOTS of good info here.