My 300BLK Encore, Project "Anti-PC"

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: My Encore with Bergera's 300BLK barrel

Post by tallburnedmidget »

I have a rifle project I'm working at the moment as well. It's for an AR 300 BLK but I'm going the opposite of "Tacta-cool". I have been affectionately calling it my "Tact-less" approach in an attempt to make a goofy name for it :P I'm excited about it!

I'm completing week 5 of working every day straight 12's with no end in sight, so all of my projects are on the back burner until I get some time to do something other than work and sleep.

I look forward to seeing your updates soon.
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

That is sorta what I was going for with my AR build in 300 as well. I went with a lo-pro upper to remove some of the identifying protrusions of the military AR platform, FA, shell deflector and dust cover etc, and added a JP freefloat tube, AR-Stoner ultralite barrel and waiting on a STD comp/FH.

Whereas the Encore build went the anti politically correct route, phuck political correctness! LOL
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

Just got done pinning the KX3 onto the 13.5" barrel, gonna do the KX3 in the same Duracoat as the barrel tomorrow. I already took the rifle out and fired a few rounds off out back, the KX3 took care of all the blast and it actually does sound far quieter for the shooter, downrange is louder. Project anti-PC is coming along nicely!

I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Re: My 300BLK Encore, Project "Anti-PC"

Post by talonxracer »

Got her finished, I think I may need to spray some clear matt on the stock, it is a satin-ish finish now. Sshe surely looks anti-politicaly correct to me!

ohl_san
Silent But Deadly

Post by ohl_san »

Makes me want an encore!!!
nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish. Except an Apache. Apaches have machine guns & missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry an absolute death machine
TED
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

My cousin snagged a 300blk barrel from Bergara as well, but he left his Encore entirely stock. We went up on the mtn to shoot his rifle for the first time yesterday and I brought along my 300blk Encore as well. The KX3 makes a significant difference for the shooter and bystanders. Our fun shooting range is actually a old worked out bluestone quarry with an approx 20' high backwall, when I shot my rifle it seems as if a substantial portion of the report is sent downrange, it is far easier on the ears. The reflected report from the backwall is alot louder.

My cousin and I got to BSing afterwards and we both agree the KX3 works and works well. We did talk about the flame thrower aspect and tossed around the idea of loading some rounds with some much slower burning powder than H110 for the flame show after dark(tis a redneck thing, LOL) Any ideas on that loading?
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

ok, so we're now down on page 2 and no report on how it shoots yet!

I have a bergera barrel on order... and hopefully it will show in the next few weeks... I was just hoping to get a range report so i can cancel my order if they suck...

thanks
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

Sorry no targets to show, but I was able to get a group slightly over a inch at 100 yards with blacktips, with a bipod of the truck hood. I have a bunch of the hornady 100gr short jacket varmint rounds to try out tomorrow, gotta do some varmint control, we have some beavers that decided to move into the lake and have started to dam up the outlet.

Best accuracy is obtained when you load your rounds based off the Encores rifling and not mag length specs. With this Bergara barrel seating the Barnes blacktip to just touch the lands has a COAL of 2.385". Barnes specs .030"-.070" off the lands, the barrel prefers the deeper seating depth luckily, so there is some bullet in the neck, LOL

MGM has their 300blk barrels in stock, a little more expensive, but MGM does make a fine barrel.
Last edited by talonxracer on Wed May 22, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

The KX3 actually does reduce the concussion and sound to the shooter and those beside him. Downrange it sounds far larger like a 30-06, think of it as a megaphone for a rifle. It doesn't do a thing in doors(other than reduce the felt concussion), LOL And it is truly a flame thrower, a long thin lick of flame. A better name would have been Dragons Breath or something similar, LOL
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

talonxracer wrote:Sorry no targets to show, but I was able to get a group slightly over a half inch at 100 yards with blacktips, with a bipod of the truck hood. I have a bunch of the hornady 100gr short jacket varmint rounds to try out tomorrow, gotta do some varmint control, we have some beavers that decided to move into the lake and have started to dam up the outlet.

Best accuracy is obtained when you load your rounds based off the Encores rifling and not mag length specs. With this Bergara barrel seating the Barnes blacktip to just touch the lands has a COAL of 2.385". Barnes specs .030"-.070" off the lands, the barrel prefers the deeper seating depth luckily, so there is some bullet in the neck, LOL

MGM has their 300blk barrels in stock, a little more expensive, but MGM does make a fine barrel.
cool! that's all the accuracy you can ask for then.. i'll wait till mine comes in.. at $225 , it's a good price.
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales