MGM 300aac TC Barrel

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dave19113
Senior Silent Operator

MGM 300aac TC Barrel

Post by dave19113 »

Does anyone have any feed back on the MGM Encore barrels? Specificly accuracy?... When I called the place they stated they didnt have any returned but could not quote as to the accuracy of their caliber/barrel combo.
martineta
Silent But Deadly

Re: MGM 300aac TC Barrel

Post by martineta »

I have a 16 inch contender barrel in 300 blackout that is 1 in 8 twist. It shoots 220's sub sonic and 125 Nos BT's supersonic better than I can shoot. MGM makes a fine barrel.
M. Kenneth Burnett
Hunting Lodge Owner
Paraguay & Uruguay
dave19113
Senior Silent Operator

Post by dave19113 »

martineta wrote:I have a 16 inch contender barrel in 300 blackout that is 1 in 8 twist. It shoots 220's sub sonic and 125 Nos BT's supersonic better than I can shoot. MGM makes a fine barrel.

Thanks for the reply...... I will prob not be shooting the subs, was more interested in the lighter loads as Im setting it up for a deer/pig load.... Have you done any accuracy/velocity tests on the lighter loads? Group sizes etc?
martineta
Silent But Deadly

Post by martineta »

I am using a Leupold VX-II in 2x7 so my magnification is not huge and I am shooting with 60 year old eyes. I do have a pretty decent cradle to sight in with. Loading 18.5 gr of H110 and a Nosler 125 ballistic tip, I get an average of 2200 fps and can get 1" groups all day long on calm days. If I used a higher power scope, I'm sure I could do a little better. I have never lost a deer using the 125 BT's. Most of my deer have been shot at under 100 yds and with 185 yards being the furtherest away. I have been using this load for 12 years. (300 Whisper). Sold my whisper barrel when I bought my first 300 Blackout. I still load with my Hornady 300 Whisper Dies and still shoot my 300 Whisper brass that I bought from Hoser on the classifieds here. My Noveske AR in 300 Blackout likes them as does the Contender. I have a farm in VA and we have damage permit to shoot does. I have shot lots and lots of deer with my whisper and now blackout. It tickles me to no end when naysayers say the Blackout isn't enough rifle. Supersonic its about like the 30-30 I used when I was a boy.
M. Kenneth Burnett
Hunting Lodge Owner
Paraguay & Uruguay
dave19113
Senior Silent Operator

Post by dave19113 »

martineta wrote:I am using a Leupold VX-II in 2x7 so my magnification is not huge and I am shooting with 60 year old eyes. I do have a pretty decent cradle to sight in with. Loading 18.5 gr of H110 and a Nosler 125 ballistic tip, I get an average of 2200 fps and can get 1" groups all day long on calm days. If I used a higher power scope, I'm sure I could do a little better. I have never lost a deer using the 125 BT's. Most of my deer have been shot at under 100 yds and with 185 yards being the furtherest away. I have been using this load for 12 years. (300 Whisper). Sold my whisper barrel when I bought my first 300 Blackout. I still load with my Hornady 300 Whisper Dies and still shoot my 300 Whisper brass that I bought from Hoser on the classifieds here. My Noveske AR in 300 Blackout likes them as does the Contender. I have a farm in VA and we have damage permit to shoot does. I have shot lots and lots of deer with my whisper and now blackout. It tickles me to no end when naysayers say the Blackout isn't enough rifle. Supersonic its about like the 30-30 I used when I was a boy.

Thanks for the info. I plan on ordering a barrel in a few weeks. Im gonna try a few different bullets in the 110-130 gr range.