CVA Scout V2 twist rate

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Brettitt41

CVA Scout V2 twist rate

Post by Brettitt41 »

Ok I just picked up my Scout V2 for a steal. :twisted: Scouring the interweb there are conflicting reports on what the twist rate is. I could not find it stamped on the barrel or didn't look in the right spot. I have seen everything from 1:14, I hope not, to 1:8 my hope. My plans for this are just a fun quiet steel banger but I tend to like as much accuracy as I can get. I'm only 2 months into my suppressor jail sentence so I have time to find a nice load. Cast, plated or FMJ all have a place on my bench so just looking for a starting place.
"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" George Orwell
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Re: CVA Scout V2 twist rate

Post by steven11b »

The pistol and rifle are 1/8 twist.

I have the pistol and its way to fun with supers and subs from 110gr to 220gr.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Post by Steve Urquell »

Brettitt41 wrote:Ok I just picked up my Scout V2 for a steal. :twisted: Scouring the interweb there are conflicting reports on what the twist rate is. I could not find it stamped on the barrel or didn't look in the right spot. I have seen everything from 1:14, I hope not, to 1:8 my hope. My plans for this are just a fun quiet steel banger but I tend to like as much accuracy as I can get. I'm only 2 months into my suppressor jail sentence so I have time to find a nice load. Cast, plated or FMJ all have a place on my bench so just looking for a starting place.
Def 1:8. If you haven't found my thread about the V2 and my experience reloading for it it's right here: viewtopic.php?f=138&t=92226

You're gonna be very pleased with this rifle. Superb trigger and Bergara barrel accuracy.
Brettitt41

Post by Brettitt41 »

Steve Urquell wrote:
Brettitt41 wrote:Ok I just picked up my Scout V2 for a steal. :twisted: Scouring the interweb there are conflicting reports on what the twist rate is. I could not find it stamped on the barrel or didn't look in the right spot. I have seen everything from 1:14, I hope not, to 1:8 my hope. My plans for this are just a fun quiet steel banger but I tend to like as much accuracy as I can get. I'm only 2 months into my suppressor jail sentence so I have time to find a nice load. Cast, plated or FMJ all have a place on my bench so just looking for a starting place.
Def 1:8. If you haven't found my thread about the V2 and my experience reloading for it it's right here: viewtopic.php?f=138&t=92226

You're gonna be very pleased with this rifle. Superb trigger and Bergara barrel accuracy.
I saw your thread. Thank you for your report. That's what gave me the nudge to get it. A tinkerers rifle. 8) Able to test multiple projectiles and loads.
"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" George Orwell
Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Post by Steve Urquell »

Brettitt41 wrote:
Steve Urquell wrote:

I saw your thread. Thank you for your report. That's what gave me the nudge to get it. A tinkerers rifle. 8) Able to test multiple projectiles and loads.
Thank you sir. I love the versatility of the single shot. No worries about feeding or cycling with a single shot. Use any bullet that'll fit in the case.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

You can use lighter .30 cal bullets with low charges of powders such as unique and trailboss that'll give you very quiet loads. Single shots definitely open the door to dozens if not hundreds of different bullet/powder combos.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne