CVA Hunter in 300blk - New Deer Slayer?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

1911garand

CVA Hunter in 300blk - New Deer Slayer?

Post by 1911garand »

Just picked this little guy up and put a cheap Simmons 4x32 scope on it (my favorite scope, by the way).

I have other brand single shot rifles and shotguns, but this CVA blows them away in the quality, fit and finish. The trigger is absolutly amazing, and there in nothing cheap about this little rifle - very impressed. Even the scope mount is top notch.

Cant wait to get it to the range.

I might just use it for deer hunting in 2017. Such a simple, light and short rifle will be a joy in the field and in the stand.

Next add-on will be a flash hider and hopefully a suppressor, when the hearing protection act passes :lol: .

Hooray for 300blk!

gunguy
Senior Silent Operator

Re: CVA Hunter in 300blk - New Deer Slayer?

Post by gunguy »

Nice, I really like these little single shots.
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

I often use a NEF handy rifle with 38/357 for brush hunting. When I make my own bullets for it, I can push a 125 gr xtp hp 1800 fps from it. More than enough to do what I need to with it.

I've been looking for a 300 blk barrel for it, and have found a few, but they're asking more for just the barrel alone than I could've bought a whole rifle for back when they were being made.

Maybe it's taboo to mention it, but I also have a .410, 20 ga., and 12 ga. barrel for it. That makes it a very versatile little fella.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
triggerman300
Senior Silent Operator

Post by triggerman300 »

I have the stainless version,with handloaded 125 sst will keep 3 shots under an inch at 100yd all day. Still haven't got to try it on game yet though.
F224
Senior Silent Operator

Post by F224 »

I have one of the scouts in 300BLKOUT and a second one in 20ga rifled. Both shoot sub moa and I have killed three coyotes with the BLKOUT and two deer with the 20ga. They are a economically priced and very accurate single shot long gun.
Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com
ncbowhnter
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncbowhnter »

what are the thread specs on this hunter? I can't find it anywhere online
ncbowhnter
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncbowhnter »

Just got mine today! This lil rifle is a blast to shoot suppressed!
ncbowhnter
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncbowhnter »

I can't say enough good things about this rifle. I slapped a $120 Mueller illuminated scope on her and shot 3 shots in the same hole at 50yds with 187gr gemtech subs. I love it. I may need to buy another one it's such a bargain!
Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Post by Steve Urquell »

ncbowhnter wrote:I can't say enough good things about this rifle. I slapped a $120 Mueller illuminated scope on her and shot 3 shots in the same hole at 50yds with 187gr gemtech subs. I love it. I may need to buy another one it's such a bargain!
I have the V2 version. Mine has shot 1/2" groups ats 100yds with UMC 115gr supers. My cheapo subsonic reloads using 150gr plated xtreme bullets shoot 1/2" at 50yds in it. With my buddys silencerco can and subs you can hear the hammer hit the breechface. Unbelievable deal for these rifles. I feel it's on par with TC stuff at 1/4 the price.
F224
Senior Silent Operator

Post by F224 »

ncbowhnter wrote:what are the thread specs on this hunter? I can't find it anywhere online
Standard 30 cal - 5/8x24.
Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com