CVA Scout

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

CJFirefly

CVA Scout

Post by CJFirefly »

I already own a handi in 300 blk but am considering giving it to my boy and picking up a stainless CVA scout, also in 300 blk, that the local gun store has in stock. Only problem is I can't find much info on it. Does anybody here have one and attest to its quality and accuracy?
F224
Senior Silent Operator

Re: CVA Scout

Post by F224 »

CJFirefly wrote:I already own a handi in 300 blk but am considering giving it to my boy and picking up a stainless CVA scout, also in 300 blk, that the local gun store has in stock. Only problem is I can't find much info on it. Does anybody here have one and attest to its quality and accuracy?
They are a best buy. I have friends with them in 300 BLKOUT and other chamberings and mine in 20 gauge rifled shoots 2" 160 yard groups all day long.
Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com
Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Post by Steve Urquell »

I've been meaning to post a range report about my V2. I'll get it posted tonight.
CJFirefly

Post by CJFirefly »

Steve Urquell wrote:I've been meaning to post a range report about my V2. I'll get it posted tonight.
Thanks for the in depth review. I can't believe yours was so inexpensive...way less than my LGS for the same package. I want the same gun with mount but no Konus and they are asking $350.
Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Post by Steve Urquell »

CJFirefly wrote:
Steve Urquell wrote:I've been meaning to post a range report about my V2. I'll get it posted tonight.
Thanks for the in depth review. I can't believe yours was so inexpensive...way less than my LGS for the same package. I want the same gun with mount but no Konus and they are asking $350.
My LGS guy said the seller had a special on them. The box it shipped in says "Acusport Corp, Bellefontaine, OH" https://www.acusport.com/

Here it is w/o the scope for $229, $279 with. I didn't like these guys reviews on the web though. Research them if you decide to use them.
https://www.ironsightsfirearms.com/scou ... bb463525c7

https://www.ironsightsfirearms.com/scou ... bb463525c7

$307 here as the package I got. http://www.weaponsandgear.com/index.php?q=cva v2&w=search
cornmastah

Post by cornmastah »

I got the blued version for $235. Pretty hard to beat when it comes to value. The gun comes with a threaded barrel, scope rings/mount, and a decent trigger. The trigger is what surprised me most--it was a lot better than I had thought it would be. The trigger on mine is light and crisp with very little take up. It is better than my Ruger American trigger and maybe better than my Rem700 stock trigger. I use my CVA for lightweight, subsonic, suppressed plinkers for the kids. I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it as much as they do. The CVA's seem like they are a little nicer than the Handi's when it comes to the fit and finish and details.
munchie3409
Senior Silent Operator

Post by munchie3409 »

What thread pitch is used on the CVA's? I'm hoping 5/8x24.
Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Post by Steve Urquell »

munchie3409 wrote:What thread pitch is used on the CVA's? I'm hoping 5/8x24.
It is 5/8-24 on my CVA Scout V2
platella
Silent Operator

Post by platella »

Someone posted that they got one the blued version for $235. Wouldn't that be the Hunter model, not the Scout? Can't see where the Scout is offered in blued (stainless only). Plus the Hunter doesn't have the same trigger from what I've read.
Anyone compared the difference in the triggers between the Scout and the Hunter?
Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Post by Steve Urquell »

platella wrote:Someone posted that they got one the blued version for $235. Wouldn't that be the Hunter model, not the Scout? Can't see where the Scout is offered in blued (stainless only). Plus the Hunter doesn't have the same trigger from what I've read.
Anyone compared the difference in the triggers between the Scout and the Hunter?
Academy has a blued version of the Scout. The trigger guard/break lever is on the front of the trigger guard instead of being like a Contender on my V2. Maybe this is the Scout V1?. Has a blued fluted barrel. I handled one in the store but it had a trigger lock on it. My V2 trigger is extremely light and clean. Almost as good as my Sharpshooter Supply Savage trigger--and it is the best trigger I've felt.
http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/cva-sco ... =385933178