Thompson Contender Barrel

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dead-bird
Silent But Deadly

Re: Thompson Contender Barrel

Post by dead-bird »

Garrett wrote:I'm pretty happy with my 10" SSK barrel. Handling is good with or without a can or a buttstock.

+1 on a 10" SSK barrel...
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

As soon as I get the replacement lower from New Frontier Armory I am going to submit it for an SBR under my trust and probably remove the current individual SBR from the registry.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
Roadrunner
Silent Operator

Post by Roadrunner »

I finnally got my barrel a couple weeks ago it was a long 4-6 weeks actually took 8. I got it from MGM and I'm very pleased they were very helpfull in the order process and the barrel looks great. Thanks for the recomendation for the rimmed option, they also sold me an extra extractor in case I want to shoot the standard case. Unfortunatly my state doesn't allow SBR's or Cans so I can't get the cool options like some of you. At 13" it handles pretty good just need more range time to perfect my load. Currenly using 125 SST over 18.2 gr W296 and getting right at 2200 fps and 2" group at 100 yds. I know that will be fine on deer but would would like to shrink some just need more load development time.
dead-bird
Silent But Deadly

Post by dead-bird »

Roadrunner wrote:I finnally got my barrel a couple weeks ago it was a long 4-6 weeks actually took 8. I got it from MGM and I'm very pleased they were very helpfull in the order process and the barrel looks great. Thanks for the recomendation for the rimmed option, they also sold me an extra extractor in case I want to shoot the standard case. Unfortunatly my state doesn't allow SBR's or Cans so I can't get the cool options like some of you. At 13" it handles pretty good just need more range time to perfect my load. Currenly using 125 SST over 18.2 gr W296 and getting right at 2200 fps and 2" group at 100 yds. I know that will be fine on deer but would would like to shrink some just need more load development time.
MGM makes a nice barrel!
No SBR, no problem.
Sig "arm brace".
That's a Super14 barrel.

Roadrunner
Silent Operator

Post by Roadrunner »

What grip and stock mount is that?
dead-bird
Silent But Deadly

Post by dead-bird »

Roadrunner wrote:What grip and stock mount is that?
Choate Machine and Tool.
Thompson Contender M4 Pistol Grip.
Add buffer tube of your choice.
seb

Post by seb »

Here are my two mgm barrels on a sbr encore. Upper is a 8" 300 blackout and lower is a 10" 357 maximum with a chamber reamed for 300gr lead bullets.

steve franklin
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve franklin »

What FPS would you get through the Max with a 180gr or so?
tXr
Silent But Deadly

Post by tXr »

I played around with a bunch of different length barrels on my Encore and found my current 13.5" barrel to be the sweet spot as far as accuracy and handling goes. The barrel is a Bergara 300blk and I blind pinned/weld a Noveske KX3 muzzle device on to get it to 16.125". When I break out the Encore at a public range, first off comes the oh-no that's an illegal SBR from any LEO present(ny is a no NFA state) and I have to show them the weld nugget on the KX3 and break out a measuring stick, the lack of an action makes the rifle deceptively short, LOL Secondly is the fact everyone wants to shoot the rifle, they are enthralled at it's compactness, absolute tackdriving capabilities and lack of concussive blast to the shooter and those to either side of the shooter.
The only trustworthy Bolshevik is the Bolshevik taking a dirt nap
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

seb wrote:Here are my two mgm barrels on a sbr encore. Upper is a 8" 300 blackout and lower is a 10" 357 maximum with a chamber reamed for 300gr lead bullets.

And now I know what my next F1 will be.

Thanks for the inspiration.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!