Need help with 330 blk AR pistol

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rcromwell92

Need help with 330 blk AR pistol

Post by rcromwell92 »

I recently bought a 5 In barrel and want to install a free float tube. (similar to the hogue knurled forend tube). Also, I plan on installing a KAK flash can. However, the only tube I found is a 7 Inch forend tube. Will it work on a 5 Inch barrel with a 2.25" flash can?
sfchdz04

Re: Need help with 330 blk AR pistol

Post by sfchdz04 »

Ok I have done a lot of work in 300 blk. 5 in wil be kind of ok for subsonic amo but may need a supressor. I have a 10.5 in with adams arm piston kid and it cycle ok with spersonic ammo. No supressor. My shortes barrel is 8" and is fun to shoot but it has a huge flame when fire. Also I notice that in a gas inpigment system the gas rings ge dry pretty fas like after 15 round. Hope it helps
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

rcromwell92 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:33 pm I recently bought a 5 In barrel and want to install a free float tube. (similar to the hogue knurled forend tube). Also, I plan on installing a KAK flash can. However, the only tube I found is a 7 Inch forend tube. Will it work on a 5 Inch barrel with a 2.25" flash can?
the flash can is probably going to end up just inside the tube. typical threading is 0.600" or so, so you lose about a half inch from your muzzle device in the thread over the barrel. which means you're gonna be about 6.75" long (ish!) under a 7" handguard.

this might be an option, depending how short you wanna go - the 4.5" model is in stock, and the 6" is listed as "coming soon" ... whatever that means lol
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1021156554?pid=705960
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
BJK
Silent But Deadly

Post by BJK »

You could look into a faux suppressor body. There are lots of sellers of them. When I had a similar need I found one willing to make one to may custom length, but I went a different route and tossed the data I had. I found her by just contacting many of the folks whose information sounded promising. Of course you don't need anything inside or even the end cap, just the body. I think I was quoted a $60 price.
dowser

Post by dowser »

rcromwell92 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:33 pm ....want to install a free float tube. (similar to the hogue knurled forend tube)....
It sounds like you're wanting this:

https://3crtactical.com/product/15-knur ... handguard/

Available in 4", 7", 9", 10", 12.5", and 15". Very affordable.

I had a local machine shop cut down the 7" to the exact length I wanted to sit just behind my can on a 6" barrel..