Total 300 Noob

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

drunk_goat

Total 300 Noob

Post by drunk_goat »

Guys I'm completely new to 300 blackout and suppressors.

I just ordered a Kimber Adirondack 300 BLK on gunbroker and filled out my gun trust at 199trust.

Looking for recommendations on scope, scope hardware, ammo, and suppressor for hog and deer hunts in Texas.

Is there anything else I'm forgetting? :lol:

Glad to be here and thanks so much!
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Total 300 Noob

Post by smustian »

Welcome to the forum. Your first duty is to take the time to READ sections of the forum like HUNTING, RELOADING, etc and get the answers some of the questions that you have. The SEARCH function works as well.
steven11b
Silent But Deadly

Post by steven11b »

Thats a hell of first 300blkout rifle! Let us know how it performs after you get some rounds down range.

If you dont reload then I would suggest the 120gr umc stuff from walmart for plinking/target practice.

For hunting you cant go wrong with the barnes tac-tx 110gr 300blkout ammo. The Barnes stuff is very impressive.

For supressors you cant go wrong with dead air, thunderbeast or silencerco .30cal cans. I personally use a silencerco omega across 4 different guns and couldnt be happier. Its quiet, lightweight and has the ability to quick detach and direct thread. They also give you a muzzle device when you order($75) value. Silencerco also has great customer service.
Life is hard but its harder if your stupid-John Wayne
drunk_goat

Post by drunk_goat »

steven11b wrote:Thats a hell of first 300blkout rifle!Let us know how it performs after you get some rounds down range.

Thanks Steven, I thought it would be a good rifle that I plan on using a lot and hand down to kiddo one day and I hope Kimbers hold their value in the future. We'll see. I was nervous reading about people having issues with Ruger and Remington, both brands I respect which I find strange. Savage doesn't seem to offer a bolt action 300blk due to inaccuracy, which makes me nervous as well. I will let you know the Kimber performs for sure. Perhaps there isn't much bad press about them because of the price point scares people off.
If you dont reload then I would suggest the 120gr umc stuff from walmart for plinking/target practice.

For hunting you cant go wrong with the barnes tac-tx 110gr 300blkout ammo. The Barnes stuff is very impressive.
I've heard great things about Barnes and Hornady for hunting. I will order a box or two and run it through it's paces.
For suppressors you cant go wrong with dead air, thunderbeast or silencerco .30cal cans. I personally use a silencerco omega across 4 different guns and couldnt be happier. Its quiet, lightweight and has the ability to quick detach and direct thread. They also give you a muzzle device when you order($75) value. Silencerco also has great customer service.
I will definitely check out these brands.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Welcome. What part of Texas are you in? Just so you're aware, all new members with Kimbers are required to post a target in the 200 yard sub challenge within six weeks of joining. viewtopic.php?f=128&t=98191 :mrgreen:

Standard scope advice is buy the best you can afford. It's hard to go wrong if the name starts with an L.

Steven covered everything else. I'd just add the Thunder Beast built their name with precision shooters. That's the way I went and don't regret it. Unless you're going to constantly swap it around, go direct thread. IMO, quick detach is overrated. If you're in the Austin area, stop in at Silencer Shop. Very helpful, knowledgeable folks there.
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

about all I can add is get the lightest suppressor you can afford if you plan on hunting . I dont have a light suppressor and walking through the woods with a heavy can is a pain . opinions vary as bang pointed out. I use my yhm phantom on 5.56, 300 blackout , and 308 . For me Q.D. was a no brainer obviously others have their own opinion and Im sure they have legitimate reasons for them . So take it all in and decide what works best for you .
good luck and have fun.