RARR bolt polish?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Pistolpeta
Silent But Deadly

RARR bolt polish?

Post by Pistolpeta »

Hey fellas, I know the action of the firearm will berak in over time but the machining is very abrasive.
Not in any way that will affect the use of the firearm but just sounds like an AR buffer spring.

would there be any issues with polishing all the surfaces of the bolt minus the face of the bolt?
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Re: RARR bolt polish?

Post by bangbangping »

Pistolpeta wrote:would there be any issues with polishing all the surfaces of the bolt minus the face and the lugs of the bolt?
No
Pistolpeta
Silent But Deadly

Post by Pistolpeta »

gracias
KTMRacer
Silent But Deadly

Post by KTMRacer »

Yeah my RARR in Blackout and the few others I've handled are rather gritty in the action department. Just adds to my giggles every time I shoot it and see the groups. :mrgreen:
pruhdlr
Silent But Deadly

Post by pruhdlr »

Same here. With 5 shot groups constantly <.500 at 50yds I really do not care how the action feels as long as it operates correctly. ---SAWMAN
Why just dance when you can "rock and roll".
STONER 63A / XM177E2
Pistolpeta
Silent But Deadly

Post by Pistolpeta »

hahah, true, true.

Got a question, I took it out last night and it shot great, but every time i had the mag at full capacity(5rds), the first round would fail to feed, it would go up at an angle and the bolt would jam it up. Sometimes the second round would do the same. After that, the last three would cycle as smooth as glass.

IDK what/if im doing something incorrect, but im pretty sure somethings wrong with the mag.

I sent a message to Ruger asking them about it, we'll see what they say.

I swear, if they say, well it only likes certain ammo... Idk what ill say, thats just malarky.
What gives?
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

Lots of gripes with the mags in the RARR. With mine heavy sub which are mostly loaded to 2.260 or close feed just fine. Light billets loaded shorter sometimes have feeding issues with the first round
80hp
Silent But Deadly

Post by 80hp »

Pistolpeta wrote:hahah, true, true.

Got a question, I took it out last night and it shot great, but every time i had the mag at full capacity(5rds), the first round would fail to feed, it would go up at an angle and the bolt would jam it up. Sometimes the second round would do the same. After that, the last three would cycle as smooth as glass.

IDK what/if im doing something incorrect, but im pretty sure somethings wrong with the mag.

I sent a message to Ruger asking them about it, we'll see what they say.

I swear, if they say, well it only likes certain ammo... Idk what ill say, thats just malarky.
What gives?
1- try loading 6 rounds, most mags will take 6 rounds, some may take 7.
2- leave mag fully loaded for a while, might weaken the spring and improve feeding.
3- with some ammo, the round may catch on the edge of the chamber, if the mouth of the cartridge is not crimped.
4-From another website.
You may not be able to read this, but it suggests opening the feed lips up to .340".
I have NOT tested it to see if it works.
M.
THANKS! TO THE AMERICAN VOTERS FOR DEFEATING CLINTON AND MAKING TRUMP OUR PRESIDENT! :D
Pistolpeta
Silent But Deadly

Post by Pistolpeta »

ohhh ok, well sounds like a starting point. im leaving the mags loaded and ill also see if I can get to polishing the feed ramps.
Ruger was pretty cool about it and they sent me another mag. They said if the second mag still hangs up to send the rifle in.