No More 300 AAC RARR???

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

triehl27
Silent Operator

No More 300 AAC RARR???

Post by triehl27 »

So I have been looking for a RARR, in the latter part of last year (Before I had desired one) I could find a half a dozen locally without effort. Now... nada. Looked online and prices have jump $100 or more on the ones I could find which wasn't many. Called Davidsons and was told Ruger wasn't shipping anymore. What a bummer. Can anyone else confirm?
ncbowhnter
Silent But Deadly

Re: No More 300 AAC RARR???

Post by ncbowhnter »

Can't confirm but I told my buddy I'd sell him mine. Now I'm second guessing that.
On that note, my lgs has one. I'm sure they would ship it to your ffl.
13brv3
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 13brv3 »

A little more evidence would be a couple posts down- "Ruger is keeping my RARR". Someone sent one back for problems and Ruger is giving them a refund instead of fixing it.

I have two that work fine, except for some irritating feed issues with the magazines.

Good luck with your search.

Rusty
Olympus

Post by Olympus »

triehl27 wrote:So I have been looking for a RARR, in the latter part of last year (Before I had desired one) I could find a half a dozen locally without effort. Now... nada. Looked online and prices have jump $100 or more on the ones I could find which wasn't many. Called Davidsons and was told Ruger wasn't shipping anymore. What a bummer. Can anyone else confirm?
Doesn't seem to be true. I'm a dealer and just ordered 2 on Friday. Right now, Davidsons is showing 34 in stock of the standard size. If your local dealer can't get you one, I certainly can.
superspirit

Post by superspirit »

Rugers website no longer lists the compact version.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Olympus wrote:
triehl27 wrote:So I have been looking for a RARR, in the latter part of last year (Before I had desired one) I could find a half a dozen locally without effort. Now... nada. Looked online and prices have jump $100 or more on the ones I could find which wasn't many. Called Davidsons and was told Ruger wasn't shipping anymore. What a bummer. Can anyone else confirm?
Doesn't seem to be true. I'm a dealer and just ordered 2 on Friday. Right now, Davidsons is showing 34 in stock of the standard size. If your local dealer can't get you one, I certainly can.
Same here. But Davidson's is out of the standard size and all compacts are allocated. Those 34 went quick. Distributors are out of a lot of stuff right now.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Saw another distributor with the compacts available. No recall has been issued for any American rifles. I'd have to say it sure seems as if the are still being produced.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
superspirit

Post by superspirit »

If Ruger still produces the compact version then why have they been removed from the website?
http://www.ruger.com/products/americanR ... odels.html

When I called Ruger and spoke with them they told me you would have to purchase the compact stock separately.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

superspirit wrote:If Ruger still produces the compact version then why have they been removed from the website?
http://www.ruger.com/products/americanR ... odels.html

When I called Ruger and spoke with them they told me you would have to purchase the compact stock separately.
Sounds like a recent cost cutting decision.
13brv3
Senior Silent Operator

Post by 13brv3 »

My first RARR was the full size, and I tried to buy a compact stock for it. At the time (just a couple months ago), I found that they didn't offer the stocks separately, so I ended up buying a compact rifle instead.

Now I see that they list the standard and compact stocks for the "Ruger American Rifle", not specifically the Ranch version. Does anyone know for sure if this fits the 300 BO Ranch?

http://shopruger.com/Ruger-American-Rif ... nfo/90537/

Thanks,
Rusty