Ruger is keeping my RARR.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Hulley

Ruger is keeping my RARR.

Post by Hulley »

Hey guys, I started the thread about the light strikes, I sent my RARR to Ruger a few weeks ago and I get a call today that they are unable to fix my rifle and they are replacing it with another caliber. The CSR says that Ruger has been having a lot of problems with this caliber and they are probably going to step back from production until they get it figured out. Just thought I'd pass this along. I'm pretty bummed, it was a sweet little rifle.
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ruger is keeping my RARR.

Post by TreeTopFlier »

Hulley wrote:Hey guys, I started the thread about the light strikes, I sent my RARR to Ruger a few weeks ago and I get a call today that they are unable to fix my rifle and they are replacing it with another caliber. The CSR says that Ruger has been having a lot of problems with this caliber and they are probably going to step back from production until they get it figured out. Just thought I'd pass this along. I'm pretty bummed, it was a sweet little rifle.
What! what would the caliber have to do with light primer strikes? Uses standard small rifle primers...doesnt make sense to me.
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

That is unfortunate. I didn't receive quite enough feedback to determine whether there was a chamber problem with some of these rifles. I hope they get the bugs worked out and continue production at some point.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Hulley

Post by Hulley »

TreeTopFlier wrote:
Hulley wrote:Hey guys, I started the thread about the light strikes, I sent my RARR to Ruger a few weeks ago and I get a call today that they are unable to fix my rifle and they are replacing it with another caliber. The CSR says that Ruger has been having a lot of problems with this caliber and they are probably going to step back from production until they get it figured out. Just thought I'd pass this along. I'm pretty bummed, it was a sweet little rifle.
What! what would the caliber have to do with light primer strikes? Uses standard small rifle primers...doesnt make sense to me.
She made it sound like there are variances in 300blk from manufacturer to manufacturer. With it being SAAMI spec, there shouldn't be. I'm betting my chamber was out of spec.
Hulley

Post by Hulley »

rebel wrote:That is unfortunate. I didn't receive quite enough feedback to determine whether there was a chamber problem with some of these rifles. I hope they get the bugs worked out and continue production at some point.
Me too. 'll probably get another one if they get it worked out. Until then, I'm going with a BCM upper in 300blk.
TreeTopFlier
Silent But Deadly

Post by TreeTopFlier »

Hulley wrote:
TreeTopFlier wrote:
She made it sound like there are variances in 300blk from manufacturer to manufacturer. With it being SAAMI spec, there shouldn't be. I'm betting my chamber was out of spec.
Yes, maybe excessive head space letting the round drift fwd away from the bolt face???
I build the #TTFPowderStand for the Lee Turret Press

http://www.youtube.com/user/TreeTopFlier
thisguysguns
Silent But Deadly

Post by thisguysguns »

Start Seating bullets so far out that the lands and grooves hold the case against the bolt face? I guess subsonics only?
$1.35 a day... Best job I ever had.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

I'd be super POed. Send back my rifle working, replace it in the SAME caliber (the one I CHOSE), or give me my money back.
Hulley

Post by Hulley »

L1A1Rocker wrote:
I'd be super POed. Send back my rifle working, replace it in the SAME caliber (the one I CHOSE), or give me my money back.
Yeah, I asked if I could get another 300blk, that's when she said that Ruger is going to scale back production until the problem gets resolved. Not sure if that's true but that's what I was told. I opted for a Predator in 6.5 Creedmoore but I called back and told them I wanted a refund instead. Not sure if I'll get it or not, I left a message.
idaho.jon
Silent But Deadly

Post by idaho.jon »

That's strange!
My ruger shoots great, I sent it back a couple months ago due to some issues with the extractor, they fixed it and had it back in a couple weeks.

Hope you can get your refund, or at least credit towards something else maybe.