Ruger American Ranch 300BLK - Magazine options?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Redmt

Re: Ruger American Ranch 300BLK - Magazine options?

Post by Redmt »

It's Ruger # DBA10451-FDE I don't think it on their order website. I had to make multiple calls before they would tell me that it was a replacement that they would SELL you for the lousy AR style mag well that came with my rifle.
What I would like to find is an aftermarket AI style mag instead of the funky Ruger mag. With the millions they must have produced you would think they would have improved on the manufacturing quality. I love my Rugers once you get a bullet in the chamber.
Never pass up the opportunity to learn something!
GregP42
Silent Operator

Post by GregP42 »

I wonder if I could just call them and order it? I have off and on issues with mine feeding too. Right now I have aluminum tape in the mag well to make it tilt up at the front so I can get reliable feeding.

Greg
NRA Life member
Redmt

Post by Redmt »

That's what I would do. It's 20 bucks for the new mag well and 6 bucks shipping. I had it in a few days. Your still going to need a magazine if you don't have a couple extras laying around.
Having to put tape on the supplied mags to get the bullets to feed is a bunch of crap. It seems the ones that are good, are good. The others not so good. Ruger should stand up and fix their issue instead of charging the consumer for their mfg. issue.
Never pass up the opportunity to learn something!