What Scope are you running on your bolt action 300blk?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Blacklamb

What Scope are you running on your bolt action 300blk?

Post by Blacklamb »

Just picked up my Ruger American and in the process of picking out a scope. The Nikon P-300 tickles me but think Ive ruled it out as the bullet drop is only good for said weight, at that point I might as well run a mil dot or tactical mill recital. I currently have a Leupold Mark AR 3-9 on my .308 and has served it well, debating putting that on the blackout and getting a 4-16x for the .308. I curious to see what everyone else has brand and power, and why you choose that power. Maybe your choice can help me make mine.

Thanks
Last edited by Blacklamb on Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ncbowhnter
Silent But Deadly

Re: What Scope are you running on your bolt action?

Post by ncbowhnter »

I picked up a great deal on a new Burris xtr for $350 but since I just got a new 308, I put the Burris on the 308 and got a Meopta for the 300blk. I am very impressed with the clarity of the meopta. Camera land has them on sale now. I paid $340 for it shipped.
My only dislike about it is the turrets, they look cheesy, but from what I have read, they are extremely precise when it comes to tracking. I prefer to dial my range instead of using a bdc or mildot reticle. Ballistics apps make it super easy.
Burris is 3-12 and the meopta is 3.5-10
Plenty of power for the range of the 300blk
I recently realized what a huge difference quality glass makes. Unfortunately I can only afford so much so I refuse to even look through super high end stuff cause I know I would probably end up selling a kidney.
Scratch
Silent But Deadly

Post by Scratch »

I'm using a Vortex Viper PST 6-24X50 FFP on my Remington 700 in .308 and love it. Very clear glass, positive clicks on the turrets, zero stop, and great warranty.
leatherman

Post by leatherman »

I went with the vortex crossfire,small, good glass and it dropped two deer this year at 125 yards good little scope looks good on the rem 700 as well
rb288
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rb288 »

I, also, went with Vortex.
I have a 3-9x50 Crossfire II on my Remington 700sps 300blk.
It is exactly what I need for anything out to 250 yds or so.
I may have been on the losing side, but, I'm not convinced it was the wrong side.
F224
Senior Silent Operator

Post by F224 »

Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x. With 125gr ammo, it's a close range rifle, 250 yards or so max. The standard post reticle will be just fine for those ranges on anything I'm going to shoot with it, mostly hogs.
Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com
Blacklamb

Post by Blacklamb »

I ended up putting a Leupold Mark Ar 3-9x40mm with warne rings, eventually I'll put some Leupold low PRW rings on there.
Justanothergunguy

Post by Justanothergunguy »

Leupold VX R 2-7x33, say good bye little piggies!!
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

I have a leupold mk4 2.5 x 8 with m1 turrets and mil-dot reticle . where I hunt distance is limited and the magnification will get me to the farthest point I can shoot on my property plus I wanted all the elvation adjustment I could get because some times I get bored and launch sub's down range much farther than I would ever consider shooting at a deer .