Who's built an integral?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

N2130N
Silent But Deadly

Who's built an integral?

Post by N2130N »

My rifle is an AAC Micro 7 & I've been using a YHM Phantom for over a year now. Overall I've I've been tickled pink with the setup but am starting to wonder about going all out & getting an integral barrel.

The combination of maximum suppression along with a shorter overall length (my only real complaint) has me interested.

So who here has an integral boltgun?

Where did you get the barrel & how much did it cost ya? If you don't mind me asking.

Does it meet your expectations for accuracy?

Are they really as good as people say they are?

Thanks for your insight.

-Ray.
WTB: exotic ammo! AP, tracers, etc. Money waiting, whatcha got?
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Re: Who's built an integral?

Post by jwb47 »

check with liberty suppressors they can do what you need but be prepared to unload your wallet .
http://libertycans.net/mjolnir/
Suputin221
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin221 »

I built my own integral. I used a McGowan heavy stainless 1:8 blank. Didn't cost too much IIRC. I included ports in the barrel to make it a true integral.

With Trailboss subsonics it is ridiculously quiet (117 dB) and it looks the tits compared to a muzzle can.

thumpher80
Silent Operator

Post by thumpher80 »

That looks great. You have any build pics of the barrel & porting?
Suputin221
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin221 »

I never took any pics of the bbl itself. The baffle stack is a monocore which is placed under tension when it is screwed tight against the carbon outer tube.

The ports are quite small and timed to the rifling grooves. IIRC there are 3 or 4 rows of 3 ports.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Thats badass...ive been hangin out on silencertalk trying to learn, but the machining and physics of it is above me...
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
N2130N
Silent But Deadly

Post by N2130N »

Suputin221 wrote:I built my own integral. I used a McGowan heavy stainless 1:8 blank. Didn't cost too much IIRC. I included ports in the barrel to make it a true integral.

With Trailboss subsonics it is ridiculously quiet (117 dB) and it looks the tits compared to a muzzle can.

That's badass!

The one thing I've always wondered about integrals is how do you clean the barrel & not lose your patches inside it?
WTB: exotic ammo! AP, tracers, etc. Money waiting, whatcha got?
Suputin221
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin221 »

N2130N wrote:
Suputin221 wrote:I built my own integral. I used a McGowan heavy stainless 1:8 blank. Didn't cost too much IIRC. I included ports in the barrel to make it a true integral.

That's badass!

The one thing I've always wondered about integrals is how do you clean the barrel & not lose your patches inside it?
You take the can off. It needs regular maintenance to ensure the threads and tube don't get welded in place by the fouling.
OHPrepper7

Post by OHPrepper7 »

Suputin221 wrote:You take the can off. It needs regular maintenance to ensure the threads and tube don't get welded in place by the fouling.
So does this rifle also need an SBR stamp? Or is it just the end cap and baffle stack that's removable?
Suputin221
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin221 »

OHPrepper7 wrote:
Suputin221 wrote:You take the can off. It needs regular maintenance to ensure the threads and tube don't get welded in place by the fouling.
So does this rifle also need an SBR stamp? Or is it just the end cap and baffle stack that's removable?
SBR does not apply in my country. I was not aware that SBR rules applied to bolt actions? If they do and this rifle was in the US then the SBR tax would be required as the bbl is only 12".