Range day Ruger American RANCH 300 BLACK

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Range day Ruger American RANCH 300 BLACK

Post by cwlongshot »

Rainy and 40 here... Not a sole on the range!!

OMG!!! Those 4227/150g Hornady's shoot into one hole at 50 AND 100 yards!!

I thought I was missing at fifty. I mean I saw first hole then shot two more with no holes. Shot again said no way. Shot another sure enough they all went I to one hole!!

Out at 100 same story! Just a lil bigger but still one hole!!

Subsonics are a joy! The go off with a "Pop" and impact with a "whack". But they strike a full foot low out at 100! I think a mil dot scope might be needed here. :roll:

I Shot a box of 208g real accurate. Nearly as good as the 150's!

Rem 220's good about 3/4" @ 50 and 1.5@ 100 but still a foot low.

The lil gun 125's shot about the same as the 220 Rems accept they shot POA with 150's just a lil to the right. Gonna try some more 4227 and loose the lil gun. ;)

CW
Last edited by cwlongshot on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
2bad4u2
Silent But Deadly

Re: Range day Ruger American RANCH 300 BLACK

Post by 2bad4u2 »

Good job. It's great you found a decent load on your first time out. A couple tenths adjustment in powder charge may fine tune it in all together. Sounds like load development is basically done. Now, go out and shoot the crap out of it. lol. Try multiple 5-shot groups and let us know how it goes. I think 1 MAO accuracy for subs would be outstanding.

BTW, if you can give is the exact load data, it might be a winner for the Ruger in general. T
hunter2
Silent But Deadly

Post by hunter2 »

How is the mag to load? Any trouble getting them in without tilting? Just converted an Axis to 300 and I hate loading it up. A real pain in the a___ uh neck. Wish I would have waited now.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

I played with the 223 version. Mags pop in and drop out real nice, unlike the Axis and other Savages that share the Axis mag.
0uTkAsT
Silent Operator

Post by 0uTkAsT »

Still waiting for my dealer to get one in... the only guy in town who got one in wanted $420+ 8.2% sales tax for it :cry: don't need it that bad

Dear Santa...
80hp
Silent But Deadly

Post by 80hp »

0uTkAsT wrote:Still waiting for my dealer to get one in... the only guy in town who got one in wanted $420+ 8.2% sales tax for it :cry: don't need it that bad

Dear Santa...
If you don't want it, PLEASE share its location. There are many of us who would consider that price a bargain!
M.
THANKS! TO THE AMERICAN VOTERS FOR DEFEATING CLINTON AND MAKING TRUMP OUR PRESIDENT! :D
WhoDat
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhoDat »

Agreed. Hellofa bargain!
Shaman

Post by Shaman »

OMG!!! Those 4227/150g Hornady's shoot into one hole at 50 AND 100 yards!!

I thought I was missing at fifty. I mean I saw first hole then shot two more with no holes. Shot again said no way. Shot another sure enough they all went I to one hole!!

Out at 100 same story! Just a lil bigger but still one hole!!

Subsonics are a joy! The go off with a "Pop" and impact with a "whack". But they strike a full foot low out at 100! I think a mil dot scope might be needed here. :roll:

I Shot a box of 208g real accurate. Nearly as good as the 150's!

Rem 220's good about 3/4" @ 50 and 1.5@ 100 but still a foot low.

The lil gun 125's shot about the same as the 220 Rems accept they shot POA with 150's just a lil to the right. Gonna try some more 4227 and loose the lil gun. ;)

CW[/quote]

Nice... what's the SkU on the Hornady 150's? I have plenty of 4227 and am looking for a good 150gr...
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

I dumped them in a lil plastic drawer years ago. ::) But the bullet is the Hornady 150 Spire PT Flat base hunting bullet.

I have loaded a couple more/different loadings to try. Wanted to go today but there was a match pre scheduled so I could not..

I am trying the Hornady 160FTX made for the 30-30 as well as a sub loading with 1680 and a 220G RN FMJ.

CW.
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
0uTkAsT
Silent Operator

Post by 0uTkAsT »

cwlongshot wrote:I dumped them in a lil plastic drawer years ago. ::) But the bullet is the Hornady 150 Spire PT Flat base hunting bullet.

I have loaded a couple more/different loadings to try. Wanted to go today but there was a match pre scheduled so I could not..

I am trying the Hornady 160FTX made for the 30-30 as well as a sub loading with 1680 and a 220G RN FMJ.
CW.
I have some of those 160gr. FTX laying around myself so I'm curious to see how they shoot. They're really long and shoot well from 1:12 twist barrels... not sure what they'll do out of a 1:8.