Ruger American Ranch Rifle 300 blackout

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bubba04

Re: Ruger American Ranch Rifle 300 blackout

Post by bubba04 »

What were you shooting and how far as well as how many rounds? Looks promising as hell!
JoeHarley13
Silent But Deadly

Post by JoeHarley13 »

Over the weekend, I saw one in 223 at Bullseye in Lawrenceville, GA. They wanted $399 for theirs as well. I didn't look it over too closely since I was purchasing something else. If it had been in 300 BLK, I would have been buying 2 guns that day.

I hoped these would be about $50+ cheaper. At $400, I may rather have the Remington 700 that sometimes pop up at Walmart for a few $$ more.
WhoDat
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhoDat »

I would really like to hear from someone who oddly enough owns both a Ruger American Ranch and Remington 700 in 300BLK to get a nice comparison with the same ammo/handloads. If nothing can be distinguished between how they both perform with the same shooter, I am without a shadow of a doubt picking me up a Ruger.

I just wish the Rugers were in better stocks currently!
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

I consider a 700 to be a far inferior rifle to this cheapo Ruger. You'd be over a grand into the 700 to bring it up to this level if you bought it at $400. And "this level" is pretty low.
F224
Senior Silent Operator

Post by F224 »

Twinsen wrote:I consider a 700 to be a far inferior rifle to this cheapo Ruger. You'd be over a grand into the 700 to bring it up to this level if you bought it at $400. And "this level" is pretty low.
Dittos, my Micro 7 shoots ok, but the trigger and extractor on the Ruger are both better. I have two of the Ranch 223 rifles on order with my LGS, I'm sure I'll be happy with them.
Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

I disagree .
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

I have had 5-6 700 Remingtons... Only one new one in the last 6-7 Years and THAT ONE was pretty POOR compared to my older 700's. IMHO, The quality of the Remington line has plummeted since going south so many years back.

I cannot say with certainty that the nearly twice the cost the Remington would make it a better value. I think the Ruger is a excellent value in comparison. Its it better... well Remingtons have be FAR and away more accurate than Rugers for me. I have had a couple M77's and newer mark series along with all the 77 short actions 22 hornet, 44 mag 22 mag and 22LR. These SUCKED!! I actually swore off Ruger bolts because of them... Then Ruger brought out the American Rimfire in 22 magnum in a short barrel bolt gun. (My favorite caliber) I bought one the day the store started selling them... Let me tell you, I must have 6-8 Maggie rifles and this 270$ Ruger out shoots EVERYONE!!

The plastic stock has some sharp edges, quick work with a file took care of that. The mags are cheap... lil work with a small file seems to have helper there too. The action is slick and smooth, but does not like flat point bullets. I have loaded 5 dummy cast and sometimes they feed sometimes not. This is a bother and I hope I can fix as one thing I really wanted was a lead bullet shooter.
This played a big part in wanting the American ranch. So far this one is a shooter too so I am happy.

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
idaho.jon
Silent But Deadly

Post by idaho.jon »

You can call me number two! Plus while they were running the background check I heard the guy on the phone saying that they just got some Bullseye and Unique in, and yes those are 110gr Noslers. Sorry to make everyone jealous :mrgreen:
S4area51
Senior Silent Operator

Post by S4area51 »

^ Very nice! I just picked up the same powder and projectiles. Please post your workup loads. Are you loading supers or subs?
idaho.jon
Silent But Deadly

Post by idaho.jon »

The 110s are for supers until I can find some trail boss. Unless anyone has experience with light subs with any other powder? Going to see what I can do with Unique and Bullseye behind 150 FMJ Hornady's, won't have a can for a while though haha.