300 BLK Bolt gun picture thread

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

N2130N
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 BLK Bolt gun picture thread

Post by N2130N »

My main squeeze:

AAC Micro seven, YHM Phantom QD. Front sight ramp installed, action & trigger slicked up by a local smith. Rear peep is a Skinner Marlin (8-40 thread) lopro peep & front sight is a .410" tall green fiber optic Marbles. Discontinued youth wood stock. Recently put on pre-64 Winchester sling swivels & a reproduction 1907 sling. I absolutely love this rifle.

Not so patiently waiting for Ruger to bring out the RARR in blackout to make a modern companion to my micro..
WTB: exotic ammo! AP, tracers, etc. Money waiting, whatcha got?
jaime1982

Post by jaime1982 »

Here is one of mine, its pretty plain. R700 aac-sd witha Vortex 3-9x40 and a YHM Phantom ti on it. Dont mind the mess in my closet. Nobody ever goes in there.

cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

My Ruger Anerican Ranch rifle arrived!!

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
0uTkAsT
Silent Operator

Post by 0uTkAsT »

First time to the range with my RAR today. I shot 40 rounds of Armscor 147gr. FMJ with a temporary setup that consisted of a Simmons fixed 4x32mm scope in Leupold low rings on the factory base. Weather was in the high 60's and winds were gusty, rocking my target frame back and forth slightly from time to time. I shot without a muzzle device (factory thread protector installed) from a bench with the rifle rested on sandbags. I didn't get the kind of groups I was expecting based on other people's previous reviews... However, I hadn't adjusted the trigger from the factory setting and found it a lot heavier than I'm used to so that probably contributed to my less than stellar groupings. In addition, I only had one type of ammo on hand to try so I had nothing to directly compare it to, and I was using my prescription glasses for eye protection and they were sort of messing with my sight picture and generally making it hard to get a good view through the scope. My average 5-shot group at 50-yards was roughly 1-1/4", and my best 3-shot group at 50 yards was just a hair over 1". Because of the wind and my performance at 50 yards I did not shoot for groups at 100 today.

Pros: Zero reliability issues, tame recoil, smooth feeding, very positive ejection, comfortable to shoot. My wife was happy shooting it seated and offhand and at 5'0" and 115lbs she is sensitive to weight, length and recoil.

Cons: First, I found the magazine to be a little bit of a pain to load repeatedly, so I'm going to have to budget for one or two more - no big deal since you should have at least one extra just in case anyways, but I do wish they were more affordable. Second, I found the cheek weld less than ideal and the comb height just a little too low - I may have to spend a little coin on a stock pack to get my head up 1/8" or so, although as mentioned this is not my permanent scope/base/ring combo so the parts I already have on order may remedy that.

cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
Justin

Post by Justin »

0uTkAsT
Silent Operator

Post by 0uTkAsT »

human

Post by human »

First post.

Remington 700 sps 300 blackout, With bell and carlson medalist a5, super sniper scope ffl 20x, I'll get my timney tiger Thursday. Sc Octane 45
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

human wrote:First post.

Remington 700 sps 300 blackout, With bell and carlson medalist a5, super sniper scope ffl 20x, I'll get my timney tiger Thursday. Sc Octane 45
well you certainly know how to make an intrance . :P
human

Post by human »

well you certainly know how to make an intrance . :P[/quote]

I have been reloading 300blkout and casting right before the caliber got popular. hoping to learn as much as I can here