Remmy 700 223 to 300blk DONE!!!!!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

johnny-bravo
Silent Operator

Remmy 700 223 to 300blk DONE!!!!!

Post by johnny-bravo »

Took a while as this was the first time my local rifle-smith (TAC Rifles) had ever done anything with a 300blk, I must say thanks to superchuck for sending me the ammo so it could be completed because as everybody knows its sometimes difficult to locate the Blackout ammo.
Without further ado here it is

for the scope, thats just a cheap Bushnell but the stock is a HS precision and the bolt was trued as well by TAC Rifles. I actually got the barrel from a fella off the AR15.com website, the name on the package was a Mike Mers.... is he on here somewhere as well??? lol, good guy and gave me a great DEAL

here is a video of my first shot with 220gr remington provided by none other than SUPERCHUCK, if it wasnt for him i would still be waiting on the ammo to complete the project

looks like i missed but i hit the wood 4" below the jug dead center, this was @ 50 yards.....
2bad4u2
Silent But Deadly

Re: Remmy 700 223 to 300blk DONE!!!!!

Post by 2bad4u2 »

Congratulations on the project. What rate of twist did you end up going with? Have you fired many rounds yet? How's the ejection of spent cases for you? Are they being thrown clear of the action or do they end up on the magazine follower?
johnny-bravo
Silent Operator

Post by johnny-bravo »

Twist is 1:8 on the 16" barrel, only fired the one round so far but it ejected fine with no other rounds in the mag.
SuperChuck
Silent But Deadly

Post by SuperChuck »

Congrats on joining the club, you'll never be the same again. I was glad to help indoctrinate another member. :-)

I hope you can get your hands on a bit more ammo and go have some fun with it. Enjoy!

SC
johnny-bravo
Silent Operator

Post by johnny-bravo »

SuperChuck wrote:I hope you can get your hands on a bit more ammo and go have some fun with it. Enjoy!

SC
I just got my hands on 2,000 rounds of once fired 223 brass....... let the good times ROLL :lol:
ctnsupra1

Post by ctnsupra1 »

How long did the rebarrel take and did use supply the barrel blank? Also how much did it run you? I have that exact gun and stock in .223 and I'm wanting to convert it to to BLK. Thanks.
johnny-bravo
Silent Operator

Post by johnny-bravo »

ctnsupra1 wrote:How long did the rebarrel take and did use supply the barrel blank? Also how much did it run you? I have that exact gun and stock in .223 and I'm wanting to convert it to to BLK. Thanks.
Well, once I got the 300blk cartridge to my rifle smith it only took maybe a week but he had it for 3 months prior to that because i couldnt find ammo. I supplied the barrel myself, found it on the AR15 forum for sale in a package deal, I had maybe $175 in the barrel itself and labor was $175 but not all gunsmiths charge the same, some maybe by piece and some by hourly rate.
hope this helped
ctnsupra1

Post by ctnsupra1 »

johnny-bravo wrote:
ctnsupra1 wrote:How long did the rebarrel take and did use supply the barrel blank? Also how much did it run you? I have that exact gun and stock in .223 and I'm wanting to convert it to to BLK. Thanks.
Well, once I got the 300blk cartridge to my rifle smith it only took maybe a week but he had it for 3 months prior to that because i couldnt find ammo. I supplied the barrel myself, found it on the AR15 forum for sale in a package deal, I had maybe $175 in the barrel itself and labor was $175 but not all gunsmiths charge the same, some maybe by piece and some by hourly rate.
hope this helped
Thanks, that did help!