AAC Micro 7 vs Rem 700 SPS: Which would you pick?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Out of these two, which would you pick and why?

AAC Micro 7 300 Blackout
29%
Remington 700 SPS 300 Blackout
71%

Total votes: 105

300Blk
Site Admin

Re: AAC Micro 7 vs Rem 700 SPS: Which would you pick?

Post by 300Blk »

I have not seen any evidence of in spec brass not working.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

300Blk wrote:I have not seen any evidence of in spec brass not working.

EXACTLY!! Low spec with some pressure will be an issue. Brass needs to be in the mid to max range. Low spec can be a problem. Read up on the 35 Remington and it will help to explain the potential problem.

Again NO factory loaded ammo from Remington has been an issue! Only converted 223 brass and the first lot of Rem factory primed brass. New lots are fine.

Care needs to be taken to'mske sure your head space is not at min but mid to max spec.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
45r
Silent But Deadly

Post by 45r »

Glad to hear the 700 doesn't have any chamber problem.Sounds like you got a handle on it now.Another way to size your reloads or converted 223 brass is to take a fired case and smoke the neck,shoulder area and size with your die backed off a little(never smoke a loaded round).Turn the die in little at a time till you see the soot pushed back to the bottom of the neck and lightly wiped off the shoulder.This method works pretty good if you don't have a chamber gauge.I use binoculars turned backwards to look at the case.It shows how much sizing you have pretty good.You want to push the shoulder back only around 4 thou.
Some dies will push the shoulder back farther than necessary.I use Rem 7 1/2 or Fed Match primers pretty much all the time for 223 and 300BLK.I turn the necks on a lot of my reloads and it's worth it to me.I've found that reformed brass works better with annealing and neck-turning.I like my Forster hand held NT tool a lot.I chuck my brass in a cordless drill and it works well.Around half the neck gets brass removed.I adjust mine to barely clean up the out of roundness.You don't want to take too much off.It's seems fun to me and winter is a good time to do stuff like that.With a bolt gun I think I can get sub MOA.I'm getting close with the AR now most of the time.
DORTOH

Post by DORTOH »

I want it for hunting so the 700 is out to heavy. I have had a few 700s only one still in the safe is a 700ti in 308. Both stocks leave something to be desired. The model seven gives you a little more room if you are feeding it one round at a time.

Lg
45r
Silent But Deadly

Post by 45r »

I'm liking the Rem 700 with a mystic for paper punching.It shot my Noe 247311 cast bullets over 11.3 grains RE-7 into small groups at 100 today.
5 shot groups went around inch and a half or better and 7 shot groups went a litte over.3 shot groups went under 3/4 inch.Lots of fun and quiet.
80hp
Silent But Deadly

Post by 80hp »

Neither one!
I am waiting for the Mossberg MVP Patrol in 300 Blk. 16 1/4", 1 in 7" twist, threaded barrel. Takes AR magazines.
M.
THANKS! TO THE AMERICAN VOTERS FOR DEFEATING CLINTON AND MAKING TRUMP OUR PRESIDENT! :D
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

80hp wrote:Neither one!
I am waiting for the Mossberg MVP Patrol in 300 Blk. 16 1/4", 1 in 7" twist, threaded barrel. Takes AR magazines.
M.
Good luck, and let us know when you get it. I've contacted Mossberg twice now, and get strange replies (and when I wrote them a letter commenting on the poor replies and making some constructive suggestions on personnel training, I got no reply) as to are they or are they not going to make one in 300 BLK. The replies go from NO to Mossberg the company will have to wait and see what happens maybe next year.
jmancobra

Post by jmancobra »

I saw a recent listing on gunbroker for a micro 7 that said it was a newer version and didnt have the feeding and ejecting issues the originals had. Any truth to that? Im debating on getting one or the other for myself for my bday in a couple weeks :P . Wondering which one I would actually like better. Really wish there was a way to hold both first but no way would I find wither at a local shop. I really would like to see more reports from people that have owned or at least shot both. I know this is silly.........but damn I like that box the micro 7 comes in for sure!!!
WasDustyJacket
Senior Silent Operator

Post by WasDustyJacket »

My micro is the newer version, and I have no issues with feeding and ejecting. (Once I cleared up the scope mount issue I caused)
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
DORTOH

Post by DORTOH »

I have put over 200 rounds through my micro 7 with no feeding or ejection issues.

I have a set of FN rings and a Leupold 2-12 MK6 I took off my PBR on it. It killed my light weight idea but it is a blast to shoot. I had to pry it out of my wives hands on Saturday. It is the only bolt rifle I own she has shot more than once.

Lenard