300blk Accuracy

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

sherpa
Silent Operator

Re: 300blk Accuracy

Post by sherpa »

Sorry for the mispellings. My fingers are too fat for i phones!
I like pigs. Cats look down on us. Dogs look up to us. Pigs see us as equals.
Sir Winston Churchill
darr3239
Silent But Deadly

Post by darr3239 »

I've handloaded for a number of years now. Most calibers I have had to work at to get what I would consider decent accuracy. That being said, one example of the opposite is the .44 Magnum, both Smith and Ruger. They were "accurate" right off, and remained so almost regardless of what loadings I fed them. I would consider the .44 Magnum to be inherently accurate, and would say the same with a few other calibers.

Some cartridges, are in fact starting at a higher level accuracy wise, than others.
"We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

accurate enough to eliminate anything and everything that steps in front of it...

that's all I use , and that's all my buddy uses too now.. I got him converted and he won't shoot anything else!

tikka t3 223. rechambered for 300 blk... thermal scope! deadly combo if you ask me... or ask the hogs!!

another!
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
2bad4u2
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2bad4u2 »

^^^ That's some cool shit right there. Suppressed with thermal optics? Hell, that's gotta put a smile on your face everytime you pull the trigger on one of those hogs.
sherpa
Silent Operator

Post by sherpa »

I like the 44 mag. But it isn't any more inherently accurate than any other handgun round. Like rifles, its the ammo quality & firearm quality that matter. It would be like saying that the 25 auto isn't inherentlu accurate because its only chambered in pocket pistols (usually of low quality). With quality ammo & chambered in a suitable quality gun it would be just as accurate as a 44 mag ( or any other). All a cartridge case does is contain components & form a gas seal. Its the compoments quality & the quality of the chamber & barrel that fire them that matters. Two 44s that are accurate is a testament to the quality of 2 revolverd not the inherent accuracy of the 44 mag. Those 2 guns would likely be just as accurate if chambered in another round. I also know different guns from the same maker do not petform the same even if in the same caliber . How can this be if the caliber is what matters!? The cartridge doesn't matter a damn accuracy wise. Choose the ome that suits your need & get the best rifle. & ammo you can afford. I don't care if anyone believes me, hell people used to be burned at the stake for claiming the world was round. Being burned didn't make them less right lol.
Sir Winston Churchill
darr3239
Silent But Deadly

Post by darr3239 »

I get your points.

I'd like to see 100 yard targets from Cooper, showing accuracy from both a .223 and a 300 Win. Mag., with information as to how long it took to figure out the best powder and bullet combinations.
"We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
sherpa
Silent Operator

Post by sherpa »

All one has to do is call & ask :)
Sir Winston Churchill
darr3239
Silent But Deadly

Post by darr3239 »

I think you should post it, since others want to see also.
sherpa
Silent Operator

Post by sherpa »

Im not going to try to type all that on an i phone. I think that if someone genuinely wants to know, they'll call & ask.
Sir Winston Churchill
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

2bad4u2 wrote:^^^ That's some cool shit right there. Suppressed with thermal optics? Hell, that's gotta put a smile on your face everytime you pull the trigger on one of those hogs.
indeed my friend , indeed!!!!

Friend of mine had to get the same setup.. on a ar15 platform, so Ibuilt it for him .... well .. same result !
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales