Suggestions for scope base and optics?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

sharky47

Suggestions for scope base and optics?

Post by sharky47 »

So I just bought a Remington Micro 7 that is identical to the package that AAC sells minus the cheek rest and scope base. It was built by a gunsmith using an AAC light contour 300 BLK barrel, very nicely done - and I am super happy with my purchase.

I am not having much luck searching for a good scope base, I know I want it to be steel - but beyond that I am at a loss.

Is having the 20 MOA built in like the AAC unit worth it?

Two piece? One piece? I think I prefer one piece, but is there any advantage I have overlooked to having a two piece?

On my AR platform I am using a Burris 1-4x "dot in donut" unit and so far I like it. I think I would like something similar in power, but with a more traditional mil-dot type reticle for the bolt gun. I know cheap glass is cheap glass, but I am not going to spend more than $500 or so on optics for this gun, wish I could do more - but that is the budget.

What about the Leupold with the 300 BLK reticle? Is this thing vaporware? What does/will it cost?

Thanks in advance!
sharky47

Re: Suggestions for scope base and optics?

Post by sharky47 »

Went ahead and ordered a steel two piece mount made by Zeiss to go with the steel Zeiss 30mm rings I had stashed away for a future build.

Just need to choose optics now....
Buzduk
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Buzduk »

Someone on here is selling the leupold with 300blk reticle. I got my scope at Natchez for $99 Check them out.
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201 Matt
Suputin221
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin221 »

Personally I like the one piece mounts. There can be no misalignment with a one piece.

For a scope I am using a 10x Elite 3200 Mil Dot scope I had lying around. The dots are useful for holdover and windage.