Mossberg?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Whatwasthatsound

Mossberg?

Post by Whatwasthatsound »

Hey There,
So I saw the mossberg bolt gun that takes ar mags on their site. Anyone have plans to convert this to a blackout? I'm thinking this gun with a 20 round ar mag would be pretty cool.

New to blackout. Really excited. Would love an aug barrel.. but I know I'm dreaming on that one.
roxy
Silent Operator

Re: Mossberg?

Post by roxy »

Mossberg MVP http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=46

Would be sweet if they made it in 300 Blk w/16" Bbl. & Threaded Muzzle :P
SBR Gibbz G4 8.5" CMMG 300 Blk 1:7" WASP
Gibbz G4 16" Ballistic Advantage 300 Blk 1:7"
Savage AXIS 16.5" BFG 300 Blk 1:7"
Ruger ARR 16.5" 1:7"
Saker 762
SDN-6
Capt. Link.

Post by Capt. Link. »

Whatwasthatsound wrote:Hey There,
So I saw the mossberg bolt gun that takes ar mags on their site. Anyone have plans to convert this to a blackout? I'm thinking this gun with a 20 round ar mag would be pretty cool.

New to blackout. Really excited. Would love an aug barrel.. but I know I'm dreaming on that one.
Whats a aug barrel. Nice looking gun I wonder how much $.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
TMH260
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMH260 »

Steyr AUG http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_AUG

As to the MVP in 5.56 it looks to be a very interesting rifle. Good design, 5.56 dedicated action length and of course the AR magazine. I am in the wait and see camp right now however pending successful operation of the rifle with the AR magazine. Other bolt guns have had issues trying to use double stack mags (example Rem 700's and M14 mags). But why oh why do companies still want to use 1 in 9 twists with .223/5.56's? For pete's sake give us a 1 in 8 or 1 in 7.5 so 75 grain bullets and above can be used. The 1 in 9 was fine when the 69 SMK was "the" long range .224 caliber bullet but now there are better choices that require a faster twist (and have been for quite a few years). The rifle is set up for long range and then they hamstring it with the 1 in 9 twist.

That said, I agree this in the 300 could be a very fun gun. Shave alittle weight off and shorten the barrel to 18 inches and it could be a winner.
Capt. Link.

Post by Capt. Link. »

I see your point it to fast for varmint bullets and to slow for for the VLD heavy's
Thanks for the aug I thought that's what he meant.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life