Low Cost AI mag 700 Bottom Metal

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

knoxville
Silent Operator

Low Cost AI mag 700 Bottom Metal

Post by knoxville »

For those looking for a lower cost bottom metal option! This was just released by PTG. It is carried by Midway USA. I got mine in last week, but will be to busy to get it inletted for a couple more weeks. This looks like it is going to be a great option :P The bottom metal was $129 and a Poly AI 10 round mag for $39. Both together is still cheaper than any other metal I have seen. I am really anxious to get this installed and running.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/528435 ... n-aluminum
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: Low Cost AI mag 700 Bottom Metal

Post by chrismartin »

viewtopic.php?f=137&t=78048

Not the PTG, but even cheaper. The ai 223 mags (polymer ones) are very smooth. Feeds great.
knoxville
Silent Operator

Post by knoxville »

I agree, that $ 87.50 shipped is a good price, but that seems to be a group buy that is closed. The bottom metal is not listed on the Atlasworx website anywhere that I can find. The PTG comes with screws and pillars if you need those.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

The screws and pillars are a great option to be included.

I'm glad to see magazine bottom metal down in price. I always thought it was a way too expensive option at $2-300. Just way too high at that price point. The PTG sounds like a great deal and I read someone else dropping their price as well.

Like I said, the AI mags feed so smooth.