Just ordered my Micro 7, now which scope?!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Hooz
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Just ordered my Micro 7, now which scope?!

Post by Hooz »

It looks like everything is conspiring against me and my plans for 300 Blackout goodness. I got an email yesterday that the Micro 7 is backordered. I also got another email this morning that said my QD mount is backordered. :evil:

My ammo and scope rings are on the way, though! :|
[size=75][b][i]"There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?" - Yuri Orlov[/i][/b][/size]
Hooz
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hooz »

I canceled the Micro 7 backorder. I've decided to go another direction with my 300BLK bolt-action. The new plan involves McGowen Precision Barrels and one of these...

[size=75][b][i]"There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?" - Yuri Orlov[/i][/b][/size]
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Leupold 1.25-4 VX-R Patrol is cool and not super expensive.
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

Hooz,

What chambering are you starting with in that CZ 527?

mbogo
Hooz
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hooz »

I sent them the .223 action to build on (top one in the picture). It'll be going into a factory laminate stock that I have kicking around, and the "kevlar" stock will be used for my 6.5 Grendel project (based on the 7.62x39 Carbine pictured).

I've also done some testing with the magazines. People have been modifying the magazines for 300 Whisper builds for a while by machining out the dimpled ribs to clear the larger bullets, but it seems that the .204 Ruger magazine will be the best to modify... The 220gr subs almost clear the rib without modification.
Hooz
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hooz »

This is a picture of a 300 Whisper built on a CZ 527 Varmint Laminate. This is almost exactly what my build will look like, except my barrel will be fluted, threaded and matte blued to match the factory action.

You can barely see the modified magazine in that picture where they've cut out the rib.

As a side note - McGowen sent word today that my barrel is in production. They originally quoted 8 weeks, but they said it "could be" sooner. I'm hoping that since the barrel is already in the works (less than a week after receiving the action) it will be "sooner". :mrgreen:
mbogo
Silent But Deadly

Post by mbogo »

Thanks. I remember Roy Bertalotto doing magazine mods on the GGVG board years ago.

Now that the CZ 527 is available in LH, I may have one of these built. 8)

mbogo