A pair of BLK bolt actions

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dcsmith1

A pair of BLK bolt actions

Post by dcsmith1 »

Thought I would show off my two BLK bolt actions in the new forum. Both AAC barrels one a medium contour and one light contour. I have a cyclone that I use on them and it's super quiet with subs. I have put about 700 rounds threw the medium contour since may. Alot of testing bullets and powders just a ton of fun to shoot. I plan on just shooting the model 7 supersonic for hunting till we can use suppressors in AL. Image Image
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Re: A pair of BLK bolt actions

Post by JasonM »

very nice
Graphic design and branding: https://www.facebook.com/VisualGravy

Some clients include AAC, Rem Defense, Daniel Defense, MilTimes, TrackingPoint, Ambush, Noveske, Unity, Rem, Bushmaster, NRA, etc.
civil82

Post by civil82 »

Good looking rigs! 3.5-10 Leupolds?
dcsmith1

Post by dcsmith1 »

civil82 wrote:Good looking rigs! 3.5-10 Leupolds?
One is a leupold mark 4 4.5X14 and the other is a vx-2 3x9 that I had sent off and a target knob put on the elevation turret. I'm thinking about something smaller for the model 7. Maybe in the 2-7 or 1.5-6 range.
curious sam
Silent But Deadly

Post by curious sam »

Any issue using a 762 SDN 6 on the Micro 7?
kacoghill

Post by kacoghill »

Absolutely gorgeous. Are there any feeding issues? I am getting ready to take the plunge...
civil82

Post by civil82 »

kacoghill wrote:Absolutely gorgeous. Are there any feeding issues? I am getting ready to take the plunge...
I finally got my 7 delivered a few days ago. It now has about 60 rounds fired through it. My initial impression is quite favorable to the firearm, as a whole. I am having minor feeding issues. It seems that the follower spring will shift location in the floorplate and occasionally the bolt will slide right over the next round in the magazine. I plan on tinkering with it this week. Other than that, the rifle works as advertised.
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

civil82 wrote:
kacoghill wrote:Absolutely gorgeous. Are there any feeding issues? I am getting ready to take the plunge...
I finally got my 7 delivered a few days ago. It now has about 60 rounds fired through it. My initial impression is quite favorable to the firearm, as a whole. I am having minor feeding issues. It seems that the follower spring will shift location in the floorplate and occasionally the bolt will slide right over the next round in the magazine. I plan on tinkering with it this week. Other than that, the rifle works as advertised.
Please read my post viewtopic.php?f=137&t=78034

I experienced that same feeding issue (among other feeding issues), contacted AAC, and a fix is on the way.
civil82

Post by civil82 »

I appreciate you pointing that thread out. I'll contact them Monday...