Howa Mini-action in 300BLK best of Shot Show

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Re: Howa Mini-action in 300BLK best of Shot Show

Post by bearcatrp »

GreenPig wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:19 am Looked at the RAR, Howa, and Ruger AR 300 BLK pistol. Bought the pistol. I like the Howa but not the magazine.
Awe crap. Howa has magazine issues? or just expensive? Saw some posts on AR15.com that folks changed out bottom metal piece to use different mags. Don't want to go through another nightmare like I did with my grendel I had.
vtx-

Post by vtx- »

The magazine is good, but the mag release is in the front and I have accidently hit and dropped mag on floor while handling the rifle. Some have cut down the release. I just got the Howa from Brownells black friday sale, put a Nikon 300 blk scope on it, have yet to don much else with it but I think it is a well built rifle and for the price...cant beat it
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Just put mine together today. Letting the rail screws I loctited dry before my swamp fox 1-8 gets mounted tomorrow. Then start reloading 110 v max to see how far I can push it compared to my loads for my AR. Should be interesting. For what it cost, think it was money well spent.