Have they fixed Ruger American Ranch Rifle's feeding problem???

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

jrf

Re: Have they fixed Ruger American Ranch Rifle's feeding problem???

Post by jrf »

exexex wrote: Ironhead: How much did it cost (I was seeing $125 on their site, assume Australian)? What site did you order it from? Did not see any U.S. distributors listed and quick search of a few sites here did not find any listed for sale.
It's a long story but....go here www.blackarsenal.com and email [email protected]. They aren't currently importing but they still have some stock. Chad can explain it all.
300black
Silent Operator

Post by 300black »

Update:

Sent the rifle in and got it back recently. Ruger paid shipping both ways.

Took about 2 months so it's good that I sent it in the off-season.

Ruger sent a slip that stated that they replaced the barrel and refinished the barrel action. Apparently it's cheaper to replace the barrel since it is part of the chamber than fix the chamber. Someone told me that if a lot of people were having issues with Ruger's chambering rounds it could have to do with the machining wearing down and the rifles being out of spec which makes sense.

Ruger returned the rifle with 2 new magazines, nice. The last 2 broke quickly so hopefully these two last longer. Nice of Ruger to send two when it only came with 1 originally.

Ruger's slip said that this rifle works well with all ammo except Barnes and Remington. I had 2 boxes of 300 BO, 220gr. subsonics from Remington and Sig and some 194gr. Leheigh Maximum Expansion. Tried both magazines and the rifle chambered all the rounds without a hiccup which is nice.

Can't believe this rifle had so many problems. Hopefully they are done now. Ruger CS was good and kept me informed about what was happening and the free shipping and 2 new mags to replace the one bad mag was nice.

Not happy with Ruger but their CS is good.
jrf

Post by jrf »

thanks for the update....so there is something more than just the mags going on...pretty sure you didn't keep your original 2 mags but would have been nice to know if they worked in the "new" gun.

however I also can say that the lucky 13 mag works with ALL my different 300 loads....weird
300black
Silent Operator

Post by 300black »

jrf wrote:thanks for the update....so there is something more than just the mags going on...pretty sure you didn't keep your original 2 mags but would have been nice to know if they worked in the "new" gun.

however I also can say that the lucky 13 mag works with ALL my different 300 loads....weird

Original mag broke just inserting it into the gun. Other ones the inside broke. So wouldn’t have worked either way.