Replacing a Stock - Detachable Magazines or not

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Replacing a Stock - Detachable Magazines or not

Post by rlandry6 »

I'm replacing a synthetic stock on a Remmy 700 SPS Tactical, heavy barrel.
I'm on the fence as to go with the detachable magazines or not. I would be interested in a setup that successfully uses the Magpul magazines. The lady at Stockys told me that using Magpuls are problematic in the 5M configuration. Oh, yeah, then there's the M5 vs the M4.<scratching head>
Obviously, there is so much out there on this and everyone claims to have the better mousetrap, so at this point i'm in information overload and no closer to making a decision than when I started.
Are any of you guys successfully using the detachable systems with Magpuls, and what brand components are you using?
All of the stock makers offer free inletting services, so that's not an issue, my big question now is what does it take to successfully use the Magpul mags. I'm just partial to them.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Re: Replacing a Stock - Detachable Magazines or not

Post by ozleux »

I've successfully used the Magpul AI mags in the Magpul Hunter 700 (of course), the KRG X-ray and Bravo, Cadex, Greyboe, and in a CDI bottom metal. I have a Magpul stock and a KRG X-ray chassis I'd be happy to part with.
Malinois, it's French for "Don't get one"
Aggie
Silent Operator

Re: Replacing a Stock - Detachable Magazines or notMDT

Post by Aggie »

I've put both my rem700 308 and 300blackout in the magpul stocks using magpul bottom metal. I use the magpul AI mags for the 308 and MDT.223 AI mags for 300blackout. I haven't had any issues with the straight magpul setup, the 300blk sometimes case rim hangs up on the neck of previous round when I load the mag but haven't had any issues chambering/cycling primarily 110-125 grains.