Magpul Hunter American stock for the RARR

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Sheepdogleader

Re: Magpul Hunter American stock for the RARR

Post by Sheepdogleader »

I am a new poster here and new to 300 Blackout (I have a Ruger Ranch 26968 at the dealer waiting to be picked up and a YHM Resonator with the Form 4 just started a week ago, and a Springfield Armory Saint Pistol in 300 on the waiting list for my dealer.)

I'm following this specific to the Magpul Stock, but is there ANY good modular chassis or replacement stock yet known to work with the new model (26968-RARR with the detachable magazines)?

Thanks-
bdill
Silent Operator

Post by bdill »

Sheepdogleader wrote:I am a new poster here and new to 300 Blackout (I have a Ruger Ranch 26968 at the dealer waiting to be picked up and a YHM Resonator with the Form 4 just started a week ago, and a Springfield Armory Saint Pistol in 300 on the waiting list for my dealer.)

I'm following this specific to the Magpul Stock, but is there ANY good modular chassis or replacement stock yet known to work with the new model (26968-RARR with the detachable magazines)?

Thanks-
Cdi has a dbm that works. If you buy a Boyd’s stock and send it to them they will I let it for free. As far as chassis go I have no idea
bdill
Silent Operator

Post by bdill »

Apparently mdt has a chassis that will now work with the 300blackout Ruger American, it’s called the LSS-XL GEN 2
300BlkTactiCoolBunny

Post by 300BlkTactiCoolBunny »

Has anybody tried the MDT LSS-XL Gen 2 chassis for their RARR-AR 300blk yet? Although MDT's website is confusing, I confired with MDT Customer Service that it should work. (On MDT's website, the product description says it won't work with RARR-AR 300blk, but a product announcement in another part of the website says it will.)
middle man

Post by middle man »

300BlkTactiCoolBunny wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:34 pm Has anybody tried the MDT LSS-XL Gen 2 chassis for their RARR-AR 300blk yet? Although MDT's website is confusing, I confired with MDT Customer Service that it should work. (On MDT's website, the product description says it won't work with RARR-AR 300blk, but a product announcement in another part of the website says it will.)
MDT offers a Ruger American chassis that uses AR mags, rather than AI pattern mags. You’ll want the AR mag version for a Blackout (or 223 or Grendel).
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

bdill wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:06 pm Cdi has a dbm that works. If you buy a Boyd’s stock and send it to them they will I let it for free. As far as chassis go I have no idea
Has anyone experience of the CDI DBM and fitting it themselves?

I’m in the UK and have a MagPul Ruger American Hunter stock that I’d like to drop my 300BLK RARR (round Mag model) into it. It obviously won’t cycle as is, but if the CDI DBM is an option, and relatively easy to install, then I’ll buy one. Shipping the rifle to and fro isn’t an option.

Thanks
Carpe Noctem
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

I’ve received notification that CDI are no longer an active company following the passing of the owner Jeffrey Allen. R.I.P

This has appeared on YouTube and details the modification of MDT .223 mags for use in MagPul Ruger American stock. Got to be worth a try?

https://youtu.be/R2TY13KknCQ
Carpe Noctem