Remington 783 300bo?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

advntrjnky

Remington 783 300bo?

Post by advntrjnky »

Anybody seen one in the wild yet? I just saw an ad for it last week and thought it looked like it'll be good competition for Ruger.

advntrjnky
advntrjnky

Re: Remington 783 300bo?

Post by advntrjnky »

Anybody seen one yet? I've been keeping an eye out, but nothing yet.

advntrjnky
jrf

Re: Remington 783 300bo?

Post by jrf »

I recently picked up a 783 in .308 for my son. It's the short heavy barrel version similar to the RAR (which I have in 300BO). I also have the Ruger Predator in .308. Based on all that...I wouldn't buy the 783 again. I had ejector issues on round 3 with the 783 that eventually required removing the bolt and ejector by substantial force. Had a burr on it that I removed and then polished. The stock is well...crappy and plastic and similar to the RAR but touching the barrel all over the place. I could slide a dollar down my Predator rifle all the way to the chamber..not so with the 783.

So far I don't think the accuracy is a good with the 783 as with the Ruger. BUT That's only after sighting it in and running about 20 rounds through it. So I have not played with different ammo yet. Usually the the Fed GMM will shoot great in just about anything...but maybe this gun likes something different.

My next Remington will be the 700....