Ruger American Ranch rings

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Mdees
Silent Operator

Ruger American Ranch rings

Post by Mdees »

I've just picked up a RAR in 300 blackout. I have a Primary Arms 1-6 which I intend to use on this rifle but it is currently in a Burris PEPR mount which is way to high. Those of you who have this rifle, what height rings are you using with best results? Recommendations on specific sets which are quality but don't break the bank are appreciated. I'm not shooting this much past 200 yards but I want every bullet to hit it's mark.
Trigger mortis! I get stiff just thinking about it!
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ruger American Ranch rings

Post by Freedom1973 »

Mdees,
I used a pair of leupold PRW2 rings on mine but I am using a vortex scope which is taller. They were about $50 and are holding up well. Vortex and others make decent rings for less. I looked at lots of reviews on Midwayusa before trying these.
Freedom
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Leupold makes bases for the American if you like that set up. Dovetail front, windage adjustable rear.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
300black
Silent Operator

Post by 300black »

I really like vertical rings for their strength, reliability, and looks. I bought mine for my RARR for like $37 I think.

https://warnescopemounts.com/why-vertically-split/
Mdees
Silent Operator

Post by Mdees »

I went with a set of Leupold rings ($27+tax). Did a side-by-side comparison with some Warne steel rings in the shop and they felt about half the weight of the Warnes. Saving weight anywhere I can is the goal for this rifle and given that I'll only be shooting it 50-150 yards at most I doubt I'll need anything premium other than expanding subsonic bullets.
Trigger mortis! I get stiff just thinking about it!
300black
Silent Operator

Post by 300black »

300black wrote:I really like vertical rings for their strength, reliability, and looks. I bought mine for my RARR for like $37 I think.

https://warnescopemounts.com/why-vertically-split/

Love these rings. They are what I have on my RARR. Look great, reliable, and strong.