kimber adirondack...

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

thresk

kimber adirondack...

Post by thresk »

Been thinking about getting one for a while but kinda nervous about such a big purchase with so few reviews, at least those that don't seem like just promotions. About the only seemingly "honest" review I saw on youtube was some dude who may or may not know what he's talkin about heh.

Looks like you can get one for ~$1,400 which seems like a fair price if it's as good as it sounds on paper. Does anyone here have any experience with this gun (in 300blk specifically)?
tikkablk
Senior Silent Operator

Re: kimber adirondack...

Post by tikkablk »

If I was to get a factory blackout the Kimber would be the one. The thing I really like about the Kimber is it’s the only stainless steel factory rifle, threaded barrel, carbon fibre stock and 3-position wing safety and Mauser-style claw extractor with controlled round feeding. A lot of pros going for it and the only con is the price but you get what you pay for.

For me since I mainly run subs for hunting is I would chop the barrel to 12” .
osteodoc08

Re: kimber adirondack...

Post by osteodoc08 »

I’ve got 4 Kimber rifles. All are shooters. I’ve got an original 82G in 22lr, Open Country in 6.5 CM, Longmaster Classic in 308 and Varmint in 22-250. All are sub MOA (centerfire) with hand loads and have been easy to develop loads for. My next one will be either an Adirondack in 7mm-08 or SubAlpine in 280 AI.