accuracy with cz 527 or should i say lack of accuracy

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: accuracy with cz 527 or should i say lack of accuracy

Post by dellet »

farright wrote:yes, you are correct that shows the correct chamber spec. except for the chamber on my rifle is not sloped like it is in your drawing. it is straight sharp without a gentle slope. i made the chamber cast to see if it was correct or not and i assure it is not like your drawing at all. the drawing shows what it is supposed to be not what it is. i have found throat on a couple rifles that were like mine. an example is the savage 340 series of 30-30 rifles they never will be a target rifle the stock bedding makes that a fact. but in one of mine, a simple throater made the rifle go from 3.5 inches to a consistent 2 inch or better. The throat on this rifle is the reason they make throat reamers. I will also add that it only takes a little bit to clean the throat up, that is unless you want to seat the bullet way way out there.
I don’t doubt you at all, I like the reamer print as the numbers are easier to see. .025” 1/1 slope is pretty steep.

I look forward to seeing your results.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
farright

Re: accuracy with cz 527 or should i say lack of accuracy

Post by farright »

i am going to ream and not do anything else like bed the stock just to see i and how much difference it makes. should be able to ream today or tomorrow and shoot soon