300BO bolt rifle ?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

300BO bolt rifle ?

Post by bearcatrp »

From my limited research, I see ruger and remington and CZ are the only bolt action rifles for 300BO. If I am wrong, feel free to educate me. Am considering getting a 300BO in a bolt action. Already own 2 AR's but with current events getting real stupid, may as well look into a bolt action. Don't want to spend allot of cash but don't want a POS either. Have read about early rugers having issues but apparently ruger fixed it. Or did they not fix it? Don't mind ordering one if it will save me a few bucks so post a link on any deals. Appreciate any info. Thanks.
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300BO bolt rifle ?

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

bearcatrp wrote:From my limited research, I see ruger and remington and CZ are the only bolt action rifles for 300BO. If I am wrong, feel free to educate me. Am considering getting a 300BO in a bolt action. Already own 2 AR's but with current events getting real stupid, may as well look into a bolt action. Don't want to spend allot of cash but don't want a POS either. Have read about early rugers having issues but apparently ruger fixed it. Or did they not fix it? Don't mind ordering one if it will save me a few bucks so post a link on any deals. Appreciate any info. Thanks.
I also would like a bolt action but all the political garbage just makes me want to build another AR of one sort or another.
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Minnesota tard democrats just introduced a bill to ban assault weapons. Hard to say which way this crap will go but thinking to get a bolt rifle just in case. I reload for this anyways and don't want to sell my dies and stuff for this caliber since selling my AR's. Did see mossberg sold a bolt in 300BO too. Most places I have checked are sold out of all the kinds out there.
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

bearcatrp wrote:Minnesota tard democrats just introduced a bill to ban assault weapons. Hard to say which way this crap will go but thinking to get a bolt rifle just in case. I reload for this anyways and don't want to sell my dies and stuff for this caliber since selling my AR's. Did see mossberg sold a bolt in 300BO too. Most places I have checked are sold out of all the kinds out there.
They are just wittling down one state at a time by the looks of it.

But their assult weapons bans wont stop stabbings like the one school in PA.

This brings me to a good point.....but maybe ill start a thread for that one and get back to topic......

Yes i saw that mossberg as well, looks like it takes AR mags from what ive read, has a threaded barrel too.

Maybe someone can chime in with their experience shooting the mossberg and possibly compare it to the cz , Rem. 700 sps and micro 7? ( cough....Dellet ?.....cough...)

I would be interrested in the good the bad and the ugly of the options available, i love to shoot bolt guns and would have got one first but all the media hype a few years ago pushed me to build an AR just incase an idiotic "ban" came up. Maybe we should ban liberals and democrats from living in the US............i know a good handful of foreigners i would gladly trade them for.......lol !
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !
Mike7.62
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mike7.62 »

I bought the CZ 527 in 300 BK at Bud's Gunshop. You may read my review of it on their website if you like. Personally, if Remington would get their act together IRT to twist rates in the 300 BK version of the 7 or 700, I would get that. I may yet, especially this one:

https://www.remington.com/rifles/bolt-a ... n-threaded
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

Thanks for the info on the micro. Looks good. Will check around for the best price. What magazines does it take? Found the Ruger 300BO that takes AR mags but all sold out.
Mike7.62
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mike7.62 »

I believe that it has the standard Remington 5 round hinged floor plate magazine.
Quarterbore

Post by Quarterbore »

I have a Remington 700 that was a 223 that I had rebarreled to 300/221 in the 90s. My only regret is I went with a longer barrel (20 inchJ as I was interested in a more supersonic capability. I should have just did 16 so the loads for my AR performed the same but it’s a Rem 700LTR clone.

Very quiet with my 7.62 YHM suppressor!